Smack Tackle still taking Stripers! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Freshwater Tackle Box > Tackle evaluation and freshwater product reviews
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Tackle evaluation and freshwater product reviews thsi forum is for sweetwater tackle and wiper tackle reviews

Old 11-05-2006, 03:11 PM

Default Smack Tackle still taking Stripers!

Just an update on the Smack Tackle Gizz4, and prototype crankblade:
Sometimes it's just best to let the pictures do talking, talking Smack in here y'all!
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dansbiggeststriperonsmack.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	2   Click image for larger version

Name:	jeffssmackstriper.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	3   Click image for larger version

Name:	butwaittheresmore.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	4   Click image for larger version

Name:	notsosecretweaponedited.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	5   Click image for larger version

Name:	moresmackinnet.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	6  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2006, 09:16 AM
Lunker

Default Re: Smack Tackle still taking Stripers!

How were you fishing those ?
Trolling?
Casting?
Thanks
Pete
Old 11-17-2006, 07:05 AM

Pete, we were riding up into the boils (between, trying to position boat in eddies, 1 guy drives, 2 cast) plugging into the open gates.
Most productive was casting up into gate openings, the Gizz4 is a floating diver, so I tried a variety of retrieves, crank and jerk at same time, getting as deep as possible, or letting it float and using like jerk surface bait, not letting it get below 6 inches or so.
The water was pretty clear, I had one hook up when I pulled the Gizz4 out of shadow in back of gate into sunlight, just below surface. I was twitching it like an injured shad when this huge silver flash comes up and out of gate and SMACKS that Gizz4 but good! :)
I started laughing as I fought him, nice 30"+ striper, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. There's something about actually watching those bad boys hit near the surface, does something to you!
We also plugged the walls between the gate openings, the eddies between the boils, etc.
It was all casting, we didn't do any trolling, the prototype crankblade is a deep runner, lead filled plastic body, line attaches over head behind eyes.
We'd cast it into gate opening as close to back wall/corner as possible, as it sank, we'd keep finger over line, you'd feel them hit it on the way down, we were actually catching Blue Cats with them, as well as Stripers!
Not a huge cat man, but it'll do, catmando?
Hope that helps, Pete!
Get some of that Gizz4 and try them out!
LMJeff (no longer Nu2Stripers)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2007, 03:21 AM

Thread rebuilt. images found.
Old 02-24-2007, 03:21 PM

Thanks for the update and bump, Jim!
Saw a raptor special on KET last night, your avatar reminded me.
It was a corelation between raptor flight and stealth measures, and how they can be studied and engineered into fighter jets.
Neat stuff, my dad rest his soul worked for McDonnell Douglas doing stealth stuff, I snuck a look in his briefcase once, never told him, so he wouldn't have to kill me!

I'd have to drill down ed. tv site to get name of special, I'll post it later.:
Nature
#2407 "Raptor Force" Armed with powerful beaks and razor-sharp talons, raptors are nature's elite killing force—winged predators whose graceful beauty belies their stunning speed, acrobatics, and precision. [High-Definition] Neat how a certain owl had the quietest flight, by the trailing edge of wing feathers being fuzzy instead of clean cut, raven had very noisy wings, because of clean edge. Owl also had little fuzz hanging down under wing feathers, diffused the air keeping the low and high pressure flow from slapping into each other.
They actually developed a tiny camera and strapped it on a hawk's back, showing it scoping the fields out, then doing the signature dive and attack that is so awesome.
Man, I must be bored, this has absolutely nothing to do with Smack Tackle, but it was cool to watch, none the less!
Thanks again, Jim, glad you're back and alive and well!
LMJeff

Last edited by LittleMiamiJeff; 02-24-2007 at 03:38 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-24-2007, 06:16 PM

Jeff, this might be the stupidest question, but this is the first time I really looked into the Smack Tackle threads. Have these things ever been tried in the surf or from boats in the ocean?
Old 02-25-2007, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadlsorz View Post
Jeff, this might be the stupidest question, but this is the first time I really looked into the Smack Tackle threads. Have these things ever been tried in the surf or from boats in the ocean?
Thanks for asking, no, it's not stupid.
We've sent some lures to the east coast, Jim himself may have some (he's given them all away! :) ) Jonny Bolt was given some to test, so far, we haven't heard back from anyone.
Down in Florida they're catching speckled trout, redfish, snook, Jack Crevale, Lady fish, etc. mostly flats fishing.
Team Smack is headed to Florida next week (minus your's truly!) :( to do some construction and fish after work. (Yeah right).
We'd love to have someone troll them shallow/deep and catch a few nice salt stripes with them.
email me, I have a proposition ;)
[email protected]
LMJ
Old 02-25-2007, 03:09 PM

E-mail sent