Mystic, CT Area Stripers - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 07-19-2004, 07:27 PM

Default Mystic, CT Area Stripers

This past week aboard Kingfisher Charters included Hickory Shad and a whole slew of big Striped Bass that took them like candy. Thursday and Friday morning, Ed Cambell and wife Dawn as well as Rick Gavin and son came out from Long Island after seeing our TV show. They were both treated with great trips. After picking up some Hickory Shad both groups easily limited out in about an hour and a half with fish from 37? to 45?. Needless to say we will see them both again next year. Fri. afternoon George Chase and friends started off fluking with slow action but still managing 6 keepers; early evening switched over and got all the shad they needed to score 8 Stripers from 37? to 45? with a few blues mixed in.
Sat. morning Wilf Kalback and crew picked up shad and set a Kingfisher record with 8 large Bass on one drift. All fish were above 36? with two topping 40 pounds. The rest of the trip turned into a catch and release fun trip.
Sat. afternoon/evening brought John Medina down from an anniversary present from his wife (now that?s a good wife). The bright sun pushed the Hickory Shad down deep but John did a good job getting a few shad which resulted in two fat 38? bass. Switched over to trolling and caught about 15 bluefish on parachute jigs in The Race.
Finally, Sunday morning Sean McQuade?s group included a couple younger anglers (10 and 12) Richie and Stacy Cochran who tangled with the large bass around and held their own by landing fish in the 37?-40?, 30 lb. class. Sean landed the biggest of the day with a 44? 40 pound cow. All in all they brought 12 fish from 37? to 44? aboard with a couple hammer blues mixed in. The fishing was red hot on Stripers the whole weekend; fluke was very slow though for this time of year. Anyone interested in a trip should call us at 860-573-3614.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 12:20 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Oh my goodness, thats sounds like one hell of a time!

I would love to fish that area. My oldest sister used to live in Groton, and when I was younger I would go down to visit her in the Summer, and her husband would take myself and my nephew fishing off the docks at the Navy yard. Would also visit Mystic too :) Nice area. I'd like to get down there again sometime...

Old 07-20-2004, 01:20 PM

JB, we are only 2 hours tops from Hartford. Where is Mystic? I am down for a ride sometime, always up for something new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2004, 05:49 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Mystic is way South, east of Groton. Although I havent been there for over 10 years lol, I remember it being a real cool place.