Southern Maine Fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:24 PM
Official Member

Default Southern Maine Fishing

Anybody else on here from southern maine? How has your luck been so far this season? I'm looking for spot tips and what bait is working right now? I went down to camp ellis last night and it was completely dead using clams and this jig I picked up
http://www.lurenet.com/bomber-jig-n-...g-fishing-lure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2015, 03:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Southern Maine Fishing

Been doing alright in southern Maine. Catching on paddle-tailed plastics. Couple days ago went with friends, one had bait so that's all they'd touch. Hitting the sand worms hard.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:01 AM
Official Member

I'm from OOB, plenty of fish around this whole area. Been mainly fishing with sandworms and ribbon worms and have gotten fish almost every time out, since May 17. I've landed two fish over 28 so far, the mac's are in now so we should be seeing larger fish very soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2015, 12:50 PM
Official Member

I will be in OOB the last week of July. Last year I was up there in the third week of August. I fished the mouth of Goosefare brook and the rock jetty at the Saco river and never had a bite. I tried the incoming and outgoing tide. I was using chunk mackerel and tried sand worms also threw some top water plugs. No Luck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:55 PM
Official Member

I fish southern Maine all the time. I fish the other side of the bay from camp Ellis and it's 3 or more keepers a night! Can't give exact location but I can see camp Ellis across the bay. I've been using a cocktail of limpets and blood worms. Macs always work good but I always mix baits on the hook to give it more appeal!
Old 08-18-2015, 06:13 PM
Official Member

Was in southern Maine (more south than OOB) a couple weeks ago. Went 3 for 3 using only artificials. All decently sized, healthy fish. One keeper sized, but released since I do not eat fish. Talked to a guy who was catching twice as many as me; he was using sand worms. Good luck
Old 08-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Official Member

Sorry, did not see the date on the original post. Hopefully my information may help others.. Also, all my trips were during the night.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:54 AM
First Mate

It's tough fishing next to a bait guy.