New Electronics Box - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boat repair issues & Shop Maintenance Tips and discussion on Boat parts/boat maintenance.

Old 04-24-2005, 01:48 PM

Default New Electronics Box

Took advantage of this raw day to install my electronics box.
I was hoping to head out with Briggs in search of some school bass but the wind and rain is keeping the boat on the trailer today.

Now I just need to wire a radio & cd player, after looking at the panel I'm not sure where to begin or what to do

I got a small wish list of things I would like to do
Wire a radio / cd player
remove the GPS antenna and hardwire one to the t-top
Move my VHF Antenna from on the side of the console to the t-top
and land a 50lb. bass this season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

cuz,

whata ya mean to raw to fish??????? I'm surprised Briggs let you off that easy (bet he snuck off to a surf spot somewhere LOL!)

Your making that boat waaaaaaay too pretty,electronics box..... And after all this time I thought you were supposed to let all that expensive gear get beat on by the elements LOL .... seriously... nice touch.

The list, very attainable, there should be a fair amount of "50's" (lbs not inches) around this season.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:42 PM

Default Getting Power

Rocc, if I take a picture of my box in my console could you yell me if this how to tap into it ? It looks like to me I need to solder a tab onto a panel and then attach wire and run it to my Elect Box. I'm also looking on where to ground it ? I'd like to add a radio and it looks like everything that has been added to the boat has had some type of tab soldered onto a planel that is up under the console, there looks like a few openings to I think if this is right I could run the wire and solder the same types of tabs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2005, 02:20 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Cuz,
you realy shouldnt have to solder anything, in reality,soldering is frowned upon by marine surveyors,it stiffens the wires,and can case breakage.

If the pics. are good I'm sure that I can help.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:49 PM

Here is one of the box on the console door, I think this is the breaker box

This is where it looks like they soldered tabs where my electronics were connected .. I could be wrong but I notice the GPS I gave them to install was connected here

I'm looking to get power to the elect box so I can install a radio
Old 04-26-2005, 07:20 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Cuz,
OK,see on the board where the - neg, label is this is where you will put your ground/negative/black wire,the tab is a male push on or spade conector,you need a female,push on or spade conector to attach your wires,on the opposite side of the board there should be a simular tab marked + pos. ths is where the red/positive wire will go,if you check the wires that they installed on the GPS,or fish finder( I see the in-line fuse holder to one of them in the pic) they will be attached in the same manner...good luck

Rock