New Comer to this site - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Chesapeake Bay
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Chesapeake Bay A sub-forum for the Chesapeake Bay and all its tributaries Rockfish Rocks.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:20 AM

Default New Comer to this site

Hey guys! Im a newcomer to this site but Ive been on some of the other boards for years. Ive been fishing the bay for over twenty years mostly out of southren maryland.

I really like this site because boaters are welcomed. My pops and I bought a 21ft Triumph about 4 years ago. After fishing from the shore for twenty some years were still struggling a little with trolling for stripers in the spring and fall.
We did alot of research and this winter and decided to really put some effort in so that we good start catching the big girls when they roll through. Last Sunday we put in at Solomans and trolled around the gas docks. Our research paid off and we ended up with 7 fish with 1 42incher.

If you guys dont mind Id like some info on a couple of things. How far back do you run your lures for spring stripers? which weights are run where ie heavy vs lighter
How do you take care of your bucktails hair to keep them looking fresh?
Thanks for your info in advance and Ill be sure to post reports.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM

Default Re: New Comer to this site

Welcome aboard RubberDuck!
Old 04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
HDH

Default Re: New Comer to this site

Greetings RubberDuck
I to fish out of Solomons when I adventure into the Bay, alot of nice fishing there North or South. As far as your questions go for help, it sounds as though you are already experinced. You just need to experiment what works and go with it. At first set up vary the weights and amount of line I like to run the heavier closer to the boat with shorter lenghts - as opposite furtherest with lighter. Also with diffrent colors and see what they want and make changes when you get the first bite. Keep in mind with the tandem rigged bucktails the weight of the leadheads on them, you will need less weights added or none. Some people brush the chutes with a hair brush I mostly check frequently and wash and shake while using and wash them later at home. Keep reading into this website there is alot of good info here that will help. Good luck in the morning!