Welcome To All The New Guys!!! - Page 7 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

Thanks! I'm on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 07:23 PM

Default New fisherman here

Hello Everyone,
I just joined today after searching for some striper info for both the Newport, R.I. area and Fort Meade, Md area.

I'm in the Navy and in the processing of moving from Newport to Fort Meade and want to get smarter (and better) at Striper fishing. I'll be fishing by the Newport bridge for the next two months (when I find out the stripers are in the area) and then will be fishing somewhere in the Fort Meade area (where ever the fishing areas are down on Maryland).

I don't have a lot of knowlege about fishing for stripers. I fish from the shore and basically use squid and have a caught a few small guys (which I released) but not any keepers. Most of the time I'm catching other fish (Scup, blue fish, and some flounders (which are also too small to keep). Yes, I know I should get a boat.

However, I'm hoping after reading the posts in forums to gain some knowledge from the experienced fisherman and hopfully, I'll catch some keepers.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: New fisherman here

Welcome aboard Dennis!

Tons of info here,,, be sure to read the stickies in the Stripers101 forum as a starting point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOin FISHING View Post
I fish from the shore and basically use squid.
Try switching up your bait. Squid may be mildly productive in the early spring when the squid are running into the bay, but even when the bass are feeding on the squid run, any bass of decent size is primarily targeting squid much larger than what you can typically get at the bait shop.
Most of the time I think you'll have much better results using bunker (pogies) in that area, if you're into bait fishing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOin FISHING View Post
Yes, I know I should get a boat.
Not necessarily. Surfcasting can be very rewarding
Don't limit yourself to one method or one location. Try some top water lures in the early morning, try some soft plastics on a jig head, pay attention to the conditions when you're catching and when you're not. Learn from what you observe. and don't be afraid to explore new locations if yours is not producing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2009, 01:12 PM

Hey guys- you have a kickin' community here and I'm glad to be in on it. I've been striper fishing since a kid. Grew up on the Chesapeake (we called them Rock down there) and then moved north a while ago. Began playing in the upper Hudson a few years ago and re-ignited the FIRE!! I put-in at Troy or Corning and and monitor 68 on the VHF. I'm in a 16' Starcraft named "Keek".
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Official Member

Thanks for the warm welcome,I'm Bob and this is my first posting.I'm new to striper fishing this year and hope my luck is good.I'm from New York.Fish the Hudson River from my 1978 16' bluefin boat.
Thanks again
Old 05-14-2009, 05:03 PM
"Fish on"

Hello to all - My name is Ed, my friends call me GRIZZ.
Hope i can bring something to the site, as well as learn something from it. Mostly freshwater fisherman! But i do fish for Stripers. And i also icefish for them

Russco you are the man
Old 10-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Official Member

Hi All , Thanks for the welcome, great site.

My name is Jim, I caught my first fish the day after I was born using my placenta as chum, as the years passed I became more proficient at fishing and once caught a 206 pound striper with my bare hands, I'm a true catch n release kinda guy so I let him loose.lol

Seriously though, I grew up near the Chesapeake Bay and have done my share of fishing from the Susquehanna to Chincotegue and the Ocean. Caught mostly every kind of fish from blue gills to sharks. I moved to new england a few years back and have done very little fishing since, I have gotten the bug again and wish to start learning the waters off New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts. I'm strictly a shore fisherman since I have an equilibrium problem and get sea sick to easy these days. thanks again . Jim
Old 10-20-2009, 08:54 AM

Hi everyone, just joined the site. Gotta say I like the way it's set up! I mainly fish bass but every spring down at Blue Marsh we get into schools of hybrids throwing jerkbaits, what a blast! I fish Raystown once a year with a group from the NAFC. We are still trying to figure things out there, maybe I can learn something from reading past posts? Anyway, if anyone has any questions, I'm more than willing to let you know what I know, which ain't a whole lot about striper fishing. lol Oh yeah, we usually get down to the flats at least once a year to fish for them, I usually do pretty well with a 3/4 oz. gold rattle trap. Tight lines all!
Old 11-20-2009, 10:51 AM
Official Member

Hey guys. Cool site! I live in North Carolina and usually fish the outer banks but all over the state too. I'll be out there in Frisco,NC the week between Christmas and New years. I hear the Stripers will be around then. Can anybody confirm?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Official Member

Hello fellow members glad i can join this fishing forum. Hercules, California Northern Bay Area is where i live...
Old 01-21-2010, 03:58 PM
Official Member

hello all forum member new guy here from Orlando ,FL. Been fishing mostly snook all my life,but this year the freeze kill most of our snooks.Season will be close till September.Last year went up to Tenn. fishing for striper in different dams and it was a blast really enjoy it .IM fishing from land so if any member can help me out would greatly appreciated .Be interested in FL,AL. TENN,GA any dams infor will be great.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:57 AM

Hi Everyone. Looking forward to this years fishing in Casco Bay,(Portland, Maine).My Big interest is Stripers, ofcourse, but this year I also waht to try some Haddock fishing. I also have my Non-Commercial Lobster License so I can drop 5 traps in the water.I have a 28' Bayliner Command Bridge that is under going a refurbishing from Bow to Stern. So I have been using my 16' Four Winns. Not much lucy last year as I had last mintue thing to finish on the boat and then the damn gas now-a-days shut my outboard engine down. Hope to have her up and running in a couple of months.Not employed right now and I have 20 more weeks before that runs out, so, I think you know where I will be most of my spare time.Will try to psot some pic's later this year.They better be biting better this year. Well, Thank You for allowing me to join this site. I think you have a good thing going here and I want to contribute to it as much as I can.Safe Fishing & Boating to you all.
Curly52 (Gary)
Old 03-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Official Member

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and fishing alike; starting back in January. With great effort, and many lessons learned the hard way, I've come a long way.

I live in Central California, about twenty-five minutes from the California Aqueduct (Somewhere near Fresno, CA). Around here, Stripers are the biggest, baddest fish I can readily fish. So natrually, I spent a great deal of time learning as much as I could about them. That's when I found this site.

Seems like a great deal of hardy information to be absorbed here. As well as a good opportnity to share and scrutinize my successes and failures with like-minded fishers. I'm happy to be here, and hope to contribute as much as I take away.

Cheers
Old 03-04-2010, 02:54 PM

cool.

https://stripers247.com/The_Trawlermans_Song.wma
Old 03-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Striper Hunter

Smile Re: Welcome To All The New Guys!!!

hello everyone,