Monroe 9/26/08 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Indiana Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 09-28-2008, 10:28 AM

Default Monroe 9/26/08

Hit the water about 2:30 and fished until dark. We had a really great day. Caught 8 wipers and one largemouth. Not sure what the largemouth was doing suspended out in the lake but he was out there. The fish were a little smaller this trip. Largest was 6 lbs. Most were 4 to 5 lbs. I think this was the first trip I didn't catch one over 7 lbs. Still a great day, very little boat traffc, weather was perfect, fish were biting.

I'm going back out this afternoon. Should be a another great day to be on the water. I'm not sure how long this weather pattern will continue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Wiper Guru

Default Re: Monroe 9/26/08

That sounds like a fine, fine day on the water. You keep this up and you'll have to change your name to something better befitting a a wiper fisherman, something like Sorearm or Headshaker or Troller. Yuck yuck. Wish I'd been able to get down there, but I was in NC for the birth of a beautiful granddaughter, Merissa Katherine, who came in at 8.3 lbs--about the size of a decent wiper--and in good health. I was pleased, but I did miss the fishing action. Glad you had a good time. You goin out this Friday the 3rd?
Old 10-01-2008, 01:56 PM

Default Re: Monroe 9/26/08

Congratulations on a healthy grandaughter Slow!!!!

I'm not planning on fishing this weekend. I plan to spend some time in a tree watching the deer roam. I am not planning on winterizing the boat just yet though. I hope to get more time on the water.

I did make it back out on Sunday. We boated 6 wipers. We again could not seem to find the big ones. Largest fish was 5 lbs. Most fish were 3 to 5 lbs. Still another unbeatable day on the water.