Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

help? useing live bunker

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  andy2989 
#1 ·
hey guys,
so this past weekend i went fishing as always an was pitching lures when i notice a school of bunker. i quickly snagged a few an put chunks out. then put a live bunker out. the trouble am haven is well am not getting any bite, idk if i am baiting the hook wrong. i put a number 9 circle hook on rite threw the nose an let the bunker swim. it would swim back into the school an then go for the rocks. this is my 5th time trying to use live bait. ugh.help guys.! by the way i fish from shore.
Here's what am thinking of trying take my live bunker out on the kayak into the deep an try see if i get hooked up. is there any tips on targeting big stripers when they chasing bunker near shore.????:salute:

#2 ·
Not in the nose but in front of the dorsal fin. Try to keep the bunker on the outside of the school wich is hard to do when fishing from the shoreline. Kayak would be your best bet on using live bait, easier to manage. Use the heads from the shore line, only keepers take heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.