Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Striped Bass Lures in New Jersey.

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  nandlalinks 
#1 ·
I do no see many recent posts on here so maybe I will get people talking again. What is your favorite bait or lure to catch striped bass in New Jersey? I like using small jigs and bombers at night off piers and trolling with umbrella rigs when boating. Here is an article I wrote of what I think are the best striped bass lures.

#3 ·
Yeah, I have tied some flies and caught some stripers off a pier at night. The bass were eating small shrimp and not biting large lures. I caught a few with just a hook that had a tail so decided to make some flies for the next trip.

How do you usually catch them on a fly?

#4 ·
Awesome post! Thanks for sharing. Very informative and I love the videos, especially since I’m land-locked in Indiana with my boat and so I can fish vicariously through your videos! I’m originally from NJ and love to fish for stripers. I had hoped to bring my boat out this year to do some serious striper fishing but got shut down by covid. Maybe next year. I’m impressed and encouraged that you take such a small boat outside. I’ve yet to try this with my 16 foot Robalo R160 which is just a couple of years new. Enjoy the rest of the season and thanks again for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.