Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Bolt's B-Day Bash 'Em

Tags
bash bday bolt
4K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  kkevvy 
#1 ·
Big fishin' pahty startin' Friday evening, July 1st, at the Trestle. Will probably be partying/fishing throughout the weekend. I just got a HUGE BAG of fireworks, so we have plenty of firepower. Bring your drinks of choice, herrin's to chunk, lawnchairs, and all the other necessary fishing/outdoor gear, and maybe a Birthday slap. There will be a boombox with plenty of CROWBAR, Iron Maiden, Slayer, and Metallica cranked.

I hope some of you guys can make it. You too Jim N Zim. You best be here, or I'll come gitcha :twisted:

Fish ALL night. hopefully the weather will cooperate.

#4 ·
lol, Oh ya, I'll be hammerin John Denvah watah down me gullet. LOL. Just kiddin', I hate drinkin too much when I fish, it ruins the feelin' for me. i have a definite limit where I can still have fun, let loose, relax, and still enjoy the surroundings and the fishing.

We can also work around people's schedules if need be. I know sometimes Friday's are hard, especially if you work all day. We could also have the G2G on Saturday the 2nd is thats better for the majority. It would be awesome if we could get Jim, Zim, jigstah and some of the other guys who are out of the area down here. I'm hoping with enough notice that will happen!

Imagine the pictures of that? LMAO! A group of us with the Seabub Nuke Plant in the background on a hot, drunken Summah night in tha Mahsh. HAHAHAHAA. that would be sumthin :lol:

P.S. Maybe Ian and his neck will be there!

#6 ·
JB:

What kind of fireworks? I still have about 30 packs of firecrackers and about 45 small bottle rockets, 1 romen candel, and 1 m-80 bottle rocket thing i think it was an 08oz.

I went through an firework phase about 5 months ago :) :)

Man i wish i could be there :roll: . In 2 1/2 years i can drive.

#7 ·
Unfortunately, I dont have any of the Class C stuff (the good shat) like you have. I have a crapload of the stuff they allow to be sold around here..."Lion Dancing", "Garden In Spring", and "Haley's Comet", and some other stuff.

I used to order Class C stuff like the big tubes, roman candles, firecrackers, smoke bombs, and all tha utha good stuff from Neptune Fireworks in Florida, and have it shipped to my door. But I dont even know it that place is still in business.

Fish hard and listen to Motorhead.

#8 ·
Ya its hard to get that stuff anymore i remember a few years back, my dad friend would get a whole truckload from flordia and sell us some. Now its alot harder, and if i do too many firecrackers i could get reported, cept on 4th of july people dont seem to mind as much then.

#9 ·
I have a friend that has a beach house next to mine that comes from NH.....he brings all sorts of sh*t with him for the 4th.....its always stuff that is about as big as a coffee table with three wicks....myself, i have a friend who makes the "good stuff" last year i was paying 15 bucks for a half stick...25 for a whole...and then he has the human stuff too ie....m-80's, mortars(my favorites) etc......

a couple of years ago, we spent the night moving around boulders. I have a couple of pics from last years show....you'll actually be able to see the moment i basically lost my eyebrows hahaha.....i'm such a kid. but a kid with DYYYNOOOOMITE !!!!!

the 4th is a very busy weekend for us down here.......but

someone needs to send me good directions just incase i want to surprize the hell out of you guys saturday night hahaha.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

#11 ·
The last time I saw a "blast off" like that I was cutting off an exhaust system with a torch,the mechanic next to me had thrown a fuel filter in my trash can..... Ka-boom! everyone hit the deck, cept me, I was standing there torch in hand babbeling like a baby.....after I changed my shorts the foreman took me down to the local pub for a duble scotch!

I normaly dont go near the water on the 4th,to many pyro maniacs!

I just may have to venture up the coast a few miles and check it out...

#12 ·
When it comes to fireworks...i am definetly a pyromaniac. i lit every one of the fireworks that night with a cig and kneeling in the dark....the worst was when we had 3 to set off and they start going up as i'm trying to light the next one...couldn't have been more than 15 inches away from the works.

That sounded funny Rock, wish i could have seen that happen lmao.

Your right though...way to many pyro's by the water on the fourth. 80% of them have no idea what their doing and are a mennace to society.

still dont really know what i'm doing on the fourth but my beach has a huge bonfire every year that brings in hundreds of people.....they leave the gate open so the public can come and watch. Late night after all those silly people leave...we all go get our beach chairs and have a real party by the remains of the bonfire, all night long.

aka surfcastermaster

#13 ·
One year I was driftting the inside run of the badgers,it's a submerged mussel shoal and rock pile,it was late the night of the fourth maybe 2 or 3 AM,a bunch of half wits started shooting bottle rockets at my boat as I drifted by,one lands IN the boat and start buzzing around like a crazed robot ,until I finaly nailed it with my fire extinguiser,I was some P.O.'d I reached into my flare kit,pulled out the 12 gauge and fired back! You should have seen 'em scattering there were *sses and elbows everywhere,sad part was, I had to leave feeding bass before the water cops showded up..... To quote Briggs..."I'm nice until it's time to not be nice!"

#14 ·
To quote Briggs..."I'm nice until it's time to not be nice!"

actually Rock......that quote is from.....Patrick Swayze, Road House...hahahahaha.

I would have loved to see them runnin.....now your talking my turf. Me i would have winged um hahaha.

aka surfcastermaster

#16 ·
Maybe you thought you were leading a fatter man Rock.....throws all your calculations off.

I can't express in words how that would pi** me off Rock. I couldn't tell ya what i'd do.....not that i dont know what i'd do...i just cant tell ya hahaha.

Most likely MY boat would be on the shore in a matter of seconds. But thats me, i'm an idiot. Maybe keep a few shots of Rock salt (pun intended) in the chamber.

What if it had hit the fuel line? what if it hit you in the eye? or worst of all....what if it hit a rod or reel?

BASTIDS !!!

aka surfcastermaster

#21 ·
Hey Jonny.....

:shock: Did you see where i posted that i wanted directions just in case i wanted to make the drive and scare the hell out of you guys? :shock:

:p well i'm still waiting on them my friend. :p

aka surfcastermaster

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.