Just found a rod I remember from last year. tip replacement? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 06-09-2005, 04:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Just found a rod I remember from last year. tip replacement?

I just came across one of my other rods from last year... I was on an overcrowded dingy with 2 other people and the boat "driver" was a bit sketchy. As he hooked onto a fish he descided to crank the boat around and my line which had been trolling behind the boat ended up getting sucked into the prop and along with the line went the rod. After i got it all back out of the water, the rod was maybe 3-5 inches shorter...

What are my options? Do I need to order a new top section to that rod or are there replacement rod tips available? Anyone have a link to see what sizes are available? Its an older Daiwa Rod (AG802MS-S). Its just a backup/rod I let friends use when they want to go out and dont have one.

Id imagine there have to be replacement tips out there since I remember breaking rod tips off a lot when i was little and decided to pack the car myself (thinking the rods fit in the trunk better than they actually did)

-Lou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Jigologist

lou, you can either replace the tip with a larger diameter replacement (just cut flush if broken uneven and purchase a tip that fits) depending on the fit you can use ferrel cement (super hot glue) or CA (super glue) if the fit is snug... place it on the tip first and mark it for line up before you glue it on permanently...

the ferrel cement approach will give you a better chance of getting it on straight... if you mess up you can heat the tip to adjust it..

CA is a one shot deal..

if you've lost too much tip, possibly you can purchase that half of the rod if it's a two piece rod... one could probably buy the whole rod for the price of the replacement half though...
Old 06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Striper Hunter

I was looking at it earlier today and I have two of that same rod... Upon further comparison (i put them side by side) im actually missing two eyelets and about 6 or 7 inches off it lol. I will end up just buying a new rod im sure. Thank you for the information about the cement. Im sure before im done I will need to use that advice :) sometimes im a clutz and i dont have a truck to load stuff in yet.