Best stripers in Pa?? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 10-12-2008, 08:28 PM

Default Best stripers in Pa??

Hello Everyone! Im just dying to hook into a big striper. Anything over 10lbs is huge for me cause I been getting ones around 10" lately haha. I am kind of new to the sport. My brother and i have been going to Blue Marsh trying to hunt wipers down at night. We used a Green light to catch Alewife then marked big schools of huge fish, dropped the bait but no luck??? Nothing! Three wasted trips From 7pm till 4am, Needless to say im done with Blue marsh for awhile Grrrr.
So Last night we went up to Lake Redman for the first time. We went up with the intent on regular bass fishing and checking out the seen. I like what i saw up there, i marked big schools of huge fish. Im thinking they had to be stripers, between 15 and 25 feet and near steep drop offs. Im wondering what the bait fish are up there, shad, alewife, shiners, or all of the above?? Anyone else familiar with this Lake? Or should i be heading elsewhere, to another lake? If so which lake? Any and all information will be very much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Best stripers in Pa??

sorry nobody has popped in to answer your question as most of us are out fishing hard. sometimes threads get missed and not picked up. did you see this and read it?
https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=2762
i am not up there much and not familiar with that neck of the woods but would not frown on using live bait but as for the skunking? what are you using to get to them and when you find them are you motoring or trolling etc.? go to the indiana forum and ask some of the guys there what they are doing as if you describe to them the layout of the lake they can give you an idea of what they would do. some simple searches here for wiper fishing will give ya food for thought. what works for walleye could work for stripers in some of the places.. deep and not eating? sometimes it is the weather pattern that puts em in the zombie mode. get the barometric pressure readings and stay away from extremely high pressure days. welcome and hope you get into fish before it's over.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 PM

I fish Lake Redman every summer and have good luck with hybrids. Over the past three years I have caught several fish 25"-28" and up to 8lbs. I presonally feel hybrids fight as hard as a striper twice there size. Lake Redman is not a very large lake, but is full of panfish and gizzard shad.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:42 PM

I live in western Pa. and fish Lake Arthur alot. It is noted for some fine hybrid fishing. Since I work all daylight, most of my fishing is at night.

Jointed Rapala's and Long "A" Bombers fished slowly on top seem to work well.

The three main areas seem to be, 528 Bridge area, McDaniels, and Bear Run.