CCC Herring Run - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Pro Staff

Default CCC Herring Run

I took a bike ride along the canal with my family on Saturday and stopped by the herring run. It was absolutely loaded. I've never seen so many herring there before. Saw a handful of people fishing, but no catching going on yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2013, 04:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: CCC Herring Run

That's great. They're a coming. Thanks for the update.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:58 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

many are saying this is the best herring run in decades.... there was a time when you could dip all the herring you needed for the day in 15 minutes in any of the cape runs.... we used to impale them of jigs when bass fishing in the merrimack in early june there were so many of them... the herring run is vital to a good surf and inshore bass season...it's shaping up to be a good one... and my boats almost ready...
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
many are saying this is the best herring run in decades.... there was a time when you could dip all the herring you needed for the day in 15 minutes in any of the cape runs.... we used to impale them of jigs when bass fishing in the merrimack in early june there were so many of them... the herring run is vital to a good surf and inshore bass season...it's shaping up to be a good one... and my boats almost ready...
It's definitely great to see them making a come-back. What do you think are the chances of the moratorium being lifted if we have a few more good years like this?
Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
It's definitely great to see them making a come-back. What do you think are the chances of the moratorium being lifted if we have a few more good years like this?
that's a real good question.... it's seldome we get things back once they are taken, but who knows.... fishing live herring is one of the most exciting methods of bait fishing.... I used to keep them in floating pens and fish them from shore in the canal... I always kept a box of rocks to throw at the herring that kept heading to shore...