Sunday 6/5/05... the day in pictures... - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-06-2005, 12:37 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I havent resized the "pinkie" baloon
I think I've up loaded all that I have resized,I will look at them when my fingers and eyes work better :? :? :?

alot of fun today guys great job!
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 04:58 AM

Holy crap. Nice Job men. Congratulations Jake. Im so Jealous. :mrgreen: I had to settle for marauding bluefish. :roll:
Old 06-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Pro Staff

Thanks Jim,
Yes,, truly Mahhvelous day!! I learned so much and am very greatful to Roccus and Jonny B for putting up with me. Gonna grill up a couple fillets tonight after work and celebrate!

This photo belongs in this string.

Dorsal fin spine that I removed from my knee after I got home last night. Great fishing trips aren't without war wounds. Both thumbs chewed up pretty well too, but not like Jonny's! What were you doing man, using that thumb for bait??!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 09:23 AM

I was looking forward to the pictures and stories from your outing. Looks like you guys got into some decent fish. Congrats to Baitrunner for killing the skunk. I'm sure Roc provided a lot of help there.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Official Member

Looks like you guys had a great day.

Cheers,
Jim
Old 06-06-2005, 09:43 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I was bustin Jonny's chops and gave him this pink balloon..... seem the bassy's liked it too, the biggest one of the day hit the mac on it, but.... :oops:

and what would be a weekend trip without googins :?:

these guys hung around "our" mackerel hole closer than they look,no matter the macs were headed for the flemish cap anayway

they wer'nt the only ones,but they were the only ones I had toime to photograph sorry guys :twisted:

waiting for some action :roll:
Old 06-06-2005, 11:32 AM
Lunker

great pictures, fellas! congrats jacob for killing that skunk - FINALLY!
Old 06-06-2005, 12:46 PM

Awesome fish! Wish I could have made it, but my boat is kickin me in the ass! :cry:
Old 06-06-2005, 01:42 PM

Way to go gents!
A heck of a nice diary in pictures you've got there.
Congrats!
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM

Looks like you guys had a ball. I always say when IM on the boat,
"isint this great, good weather, water and great company" What more can we ask for, (other then fish). Nice pics rock.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:17 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Jacob, it was great to meet you. I was happy to see you there, especially since you have such a haul to get up this way. I knew your efforts would pay off, but the day was even better than I thought! 8)

Ah yes, my pink balloon. After letting a live mack sit in the lane for little bit with no action, I was about to reel her back in to see if it had crapped out on me, cuz the mack had actually surfaced and come right out of the water. Little did I know there was a BIG reason for this. Next thing we see is a swirl behind my balloon that is about 8 feet in diameter lol. I almost pooped in anticipation of some sort of strike. But damn it, that brute bass wouldnt take it. It was makin' me sweat. I waited and waited, finally, I had all but given up. I was just about to flip the switch and start bringing it back in, when another swirl appeared, and the balloon took off like a raped ape in heat. This friggin bass did the dig-dug for a full several minutes, it was screaming! I could not even reel down on this thing, so I just let it ride. Finally, it felt like it was ready to take a short break and let me reel down. I lowered the rod and started my retrieve, but the fish must've turned and headed towards us cuz it went slack. As I reeled harder to catch up with the slack, I guess she turned again and headed back the other way, cuz the line went taught again and I felt the pop. Hook popped and so did the balloon rig. POP. Blew tha whole thing into pieces. 20+ pound fish easy.

I was some pissed

I will get my Redemption 8)

Old 06-06-2005, 02:27 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

there were several "funny moments" that happend as well..

I lead off the day by throwing my sabiki rig overbaord...unattached! :shock:

then we had Jonny's "cursed" mack...Baitrunner was getting fish and chases while Jonny's bait twiddled it's fins.... :P

then there was my life saving efforts on the live bait,we overstocked the live well,(I had fished the prior three days and knew we would need ALOT of bait) my tank holds 50 gallons of water and has a seperate airator that will keep bait all day if you only have 1lb of bait for every 3 gallons of water(some of our bait was over 2lbs each),but in the river,you cant recirculate and can only aireate,my tank is insulated so water temp is not a problem,what is a problem is that when you chum for mackerel they regurgitate what they have consumed onto the tank spoiling it quickly,so Ihad to keep the sluggish bait swimming by hand(if mackerel stop swimming they die) pushing them in circles,churning up the surface water by hand, as Jonny and Bait used them one by one by feeding them to the bass,in all reality we only had about a half dozen to eight out of about 30 that didnt get eaten by a bass (until latter)

Of coarse the Now infamous "pink ballon" i thought it would be funny after Jonny lost his blue one on a fish to give him a pretty pink one...he took it like a man and hooked a corker only to....... :oops:

Then we have me allmost having a coranarry as a BIG bass made a pass at one of those 10" midgits(baby bassy's) I was catching...it took me a half hour to calm down over that one! :o

then there was the drifting incedent....latter in the day after the tide was running and the livies were gone we anchored up in a rip and began using "bacon strips" well we toss out the lines and begin shooting the breeze when we notice the clickers on the reels start going,but, the lines are going upriver!!!!! :o well the combination of wind and tide brought Jonnys bait UNDER the boat,the current was running sooooo hard the prop was spinning and warapped the line around it a dozen times, :oops: I had to raise the motor and crawl out on the motor,knife in hand to free it up.... There's more I'm sure the others will chime in...
Old 06-06-2005, 02:42 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Wednesday night Jonny,Wednesday night...we'll get your redemption,we'ere going eelin',thats what I do best,i hate this day time fishing..... Hows the sunburn???????????
Old 06-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Veteran Elite

Kick ass day guys, wish I was there. I was nursing a hangover on Sunday as a result of an impromptu poker game sat night LOL.....
Old 06-06-2005, 02:51 PM
Pro Staff

It was great to meet you guys as well. The drive is nothing, where I grew up you had to drive close to an hour from the farm to get to decent grocery store, so a 2 hour drive for that kind of experience is nothing at all.

I never expected that kind of day. On my way up, I was thinking, "Man, I hope I catch one close to keeper size, just to get a feel for how they fight." Biggest fish I'd ever caught was an 8 or 9 pound catfish that was stuffed to the gills and just lazy. It never crossed my mind that we'd be into the fish like we were. I was picturing a day sittin in the boat, maybe catching 3 or 4 nice fish before it got dark. LOL, did my perspective change in a hurry!!

The one that hit at the pink balloon is one that will haunt you in your dreams for a while! Most of the fish we caught didn't even pull the balloons down much, but that one slammed it hard and dove so fast that the ballon never had a chance. You'll have to try your lucky pink,,,, I'm sorry,,, "bubblegum" balloon again!