zims new england shore fishing forecast - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default zims new england shore fishing forecast

As The Weeks Go By And Things May Change For The Better Or Worse So Ask Me Before You Go Out And I Will Tell You What I Think. This Is The Month I Rarely Fish On Account Of This Weather Pattern. So I Aint Missin Much Unless You Have A Boat To Go A Fishin In. Then It Is Not A Shore Forecast I Want. But That High Pressure System Coming In May Trigger The Fishing After It Moves Off. This Saturday Is The Full Moon So Then The 4 Days After Being The 20th Should Be Where We Would Like To Be Fishing ;. The New Moon Is On The 30th ( But too far off to say)So The Moon May only Play A Part In The week of the 19th 20th 21st and that is when i would camp out for the fish. so for tuesday 19th through friday the 22nd is the most probable time to get fishing in for this month as all the stars align the right way those 4 days. however thursday 21st and friday 22nd are volatile days as there is a chance for pop up thunderstorms so bring raingear and stay close to shelter as if it pans out that way the bite could be nuts. happy fishing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2008, 06:32 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO
Default Re: zims new england shore fishing forecast

Thanks
Old 08-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

update . the ideal forecast date is tuesday the 19th as 20th 21st are now iffy and fri 22nd is a better chance of the three . rain is forecast for friday 23rd and sat 24th into mon 25th though monday tuesday 26th and wed 27th are prime dates

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2008, 11:54 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

wednesday 20th is the better of the three now

Old 08-17-2008, 01:43 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
As The Weeks Go By And Things May Change For The Better Or Worse So Ask Me Before You Go Out And I Will Tell You What I Think. This Is The Month I Rarely Fish On Account Of This Weather Pattern. So I Aint Missin Much Unless You Have A Boat To Go A Fishin In. Then It Is Not A Shore Forecast I Want. But That High Pressure System Coming In May Trigger The Fishing After It Moves Off. This Saturday Is The Full Moon So Then The 4 Days After Being The 20th Should Be Where We Would Like To Be Fishing ;. The New Moon Is On The 30th ( But too far off to say)So The Moon May only Play A Part In The week of the 19th 20th 21st and that is when i would camp out for the fish. so for tuesday 19th through friday the 22nd is the most probable time to get fishing in for this month as all the stars align the right way those 4 days. however thursday 21st and friday 22nd are volatile days as there is a chance for pop up thunderstorms so bring raingear and stay close to shelter as if it pans out that way the bite could be nuts. happy fishing!
as i first put this together on the 13th so it now comes to be right after all. tues 19th -thurs 21st are turning out to be primo days to go out. fri 22nd eh! so so for now but sat - sun - monday > rain.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:48 PM

I'm headed to Plum Is tommorrow (Monday) with the family for a day at the beach, and I will get some shore casting in and see how it goes. A mid-day, bright light trip, though.
Weather looks OK, hot with 20% chance of T's, but a pretty good SW wind. I'll offer a full report Tuesday...
Robbo
Old 08-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

wow, i just checked the tide and it is like 12:45 in afternoon tomorrow. bet you get something on the outgoing at like 2:00 - 2:30!. seems the pressure will change by 1pm. looks somewhat okay to me, let us know what time you got into fish.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

wed thursday and into thurs nite in particular thru fri morning off the hook.
best days and have had them forecast since the 13th of this month. fri night i don;t know but sat and sun high pressure system up there and bite may suffer. sunday however is the bomb and i would love to be out there as it too will be good. lets see if my best days are productive?

Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 AM
First Mate

I'm headed out tonight Tues. Going to jig up some squid and float them for stripes. I'll fish from about 9p-4a 2:30 H. I'll let you know how I do.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

you'll kill em after midnight! as well into the morning.

Old 08-20-2008, 12:50 PM
First Mate

Out last night. Wind was howling. Nothing. Squid were not there or not feeding, even the Chinese were not catching. Guys there were throwing live herring, under floats and on bottom. Stayed there 2 hours and no hits at all by anyone. Moved to 3 other locations and spent about 2 hours at each place moving up and down the beach and jettys. Tried throwing metal lips, Hoagy, storm, and even my needle to no avail. I had one gull chasing me and picking up the seaweed that I pulled off my lure thinking I was throwing bait.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Young salt

Confucious say, if Chinese not catching, pack up rod and go home!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

tonight will be better, don;t give up!
confucious say, if you are angwy and wear diaper
then you must cwy like striperhyper!!! lmfao!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Young salt

Man if I didn't know any better I'd swear that you and Roc are the same person zim. You're having too much fun with this whining/crying stuff, but it's all good, you more than made up for it. A simple request for direction is responded to with a short story, so who am I to complain? Oh dang, would ya look at the time, 6 o'clock.......time to blow this clam shack and go float some worms!!!! I believe tonight is one of the aforementioned dates/times you predicted to produce fish, so I'm off hopefully to prove ya right!!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Pro Staff

OK, oh master of the predictions, I don't often do reports for a variety of reasons, however I do hereby report to you my findings last night. Fished the outflow of the CC Canal on a slow moving incoming. One 25" bass on a white darter. Most of the soft plastics I used (swim shads & big rubber on jig heads) were bitten off right behind the hook resulting in a somewhat lighter plug bag on the walk back to the truck.

Before heading out, I had a feeling in my bones that there would be fish moving through after the full moon, and given the cooler nights we've been having after the last front moved through. Unfortunately it was bluefish, not bass.

Met up again with Alan (OffTheBeach). Beautiful night to be out on the rocks with good company!