Stripers247 Party Boat outing '05 - Page 6 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-08-2005, 09:55 PM

Hey Rock........good thing gas is inexpensive huh? hahaha

I have a volvo Marine 260hp that only burns 8-10 gals an hour with a 150gal tank....not the best but definetly not the worst by far. If i DO come up...it will be by water my friend. its not the fuel that bothers me....its the fact that i have no idea where i'm going yet. I have all the bells and whistles though....so i should be able to plot my way up i'm sure.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2005, 10:38 PM

Briggs, if by any reason you need to hunker down north of The Cape...I'm sure I can pull some strings and get you a temporary slip in one of the marinas 'round the harbor...

...Just in case... :D
But, hopefully I won't be meeting you under those conditions...
Old 05-08-2005, 10:41 PM

If i did come up Dan......i'd probably just plan to stay anyway. whether it be in a slip or just anchor it out in the haba somewhere.

aka surfcastermaster

and i'd be real happy if i followed Cuz up there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
Pro Staff

I'd LOVE to get in on this if anyone ends up having an open spot on a boat.
Let me know!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:09 AM

Hell bait.....

if i end up going, you can ride up with me. I'll even pick you up at Battleship Cove.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-09-2005, 08:22 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Briggs,
I'm sure I can get you a temp slip at my marina, hope you can make it!

Bait runer,
we'll find a spot for ya somewhere!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:39 AM
Pro Staff

SWEET!! Believe it or not, the only boat I've ever gotten to fish on was the little jon boat a friend took me trout fishing on in Greers Ferry, Arkansas about 7 years ago. Always been stuck on the shore. You have no idea how thrilled I'd be to get to go out with you guys.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:05 AM

Comes down to this Rock....If i have the boat by then...i'll be there. Thanks for the offer on the slip my friend, i wish i could give you more heads up on if i'm coming or not, but i really don't know myself. when i know....you'll know i promise. if and when you do get a slip for me....whatever it costs will be fine. don't forget that it a 24' boat Rock.

I really hope i can make it.

don't worry Bait....if we go....you'll be riding on a slightly bigger boat than that hahaha. Not that mines a yacht or anything, its just beefy.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-09-2005, 09:42 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

24' is no big deal, usualy there are some empty spots,alot of boats dont make it in until the 4th of July,We'll deal with it when the time gets closer,for now we'll just plan on you being here one way or the other!

On another note I was puttings some fishing articles from older fisherman mags. in a scrap book,I came across one called "Clam up a cow" I LMAO thought of you right off!( I saved it into the scrap book in your honor) Seemed the author was as anamored with them as you are....
Old 05-09-2005, 09:48 AM

No i know its not a big deal rock.....it was just incase you needed to tell anyone what size boat to expect.

I went down to my local beach the other day....a few guys fishing plugs but then there was 2 guys baitfishing from shore. i walked up to both of them and noticed that they were using clambellies. last year i didnt see one guy using them. I think they are catching on to my secret Rock.

Can't wait to get out there and "Clam Up A Cow".

starting my season this year has been like trying to start a car with no gas. Pissing me off but i know my time will come, just a little slow thats all.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-09-2005, 10:16 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Hopefully all goes well,between Bioston boy and I we'll get ya a place to rest the ship.....

I hear ya on ythe slow start,I've been skunked twice allready,thats more than the last three years combined! of coarse I could have waited until it was a sure thing,but where is the fun in that,besides it gives me a chance to get the rust out! Heading out again tommorrow night,I expect to break the skunk!
Our weather here has been awefull, thankfully I got a nice day last friday,maybe it will get out of the way and give us a good summer!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Staff

Hey Rock,
I guess beginners luck doesn't do it for me. Been skunked my last 7 times out. Not that think a skunk trip is a waste of time, at least I'm out fishing, but the wife is starting to laugh at me,, and that's not cool. Tried clam bellies for the first time last night, with not a bite one. Of course the weather last night was crappy, too. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. I know they're out there.
Old 05-09-2005, 03:27 PM

Hey ummm Bait?

My first real trip of the season is going to happen this saturday night....i'll be heading down at 6pm, and will be fishing until about midnight. Want me to show you where the fish are my friend? hahahaha !!!!! Its better actually showing someone what to do, than to try to explain it on-line, although i try my best hahaha.

I have to go right through Fall River on my way. 195E to 24N to Fish Road. after that i'll have to blindfold ya hahaha.

Open invite for anyone else who's interested too.

Be prepared for a good walk.....the honeyhole is about 1/2 mile down the beach. No matter how good it looks out front, just trust me hahaha.

Give me a yell.........

aka surfcastermaster

Old 05-09-2005, 03:53 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Bait,
Never give up... It's real early this far north,I wont get serious for another two weeks,I just like to get the rust out of the "system" before it counts,trust me if there are ANY fish in that river Jonny and I will get them tommorrow night,tides low at about 8:30 those fish dont have alot of options,if they are there, i know where to look......
Old 05-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Pro Staff

Hey Briggs,
I'd love to tag along if it's cool with you. Sure would beat sittin' by myself in the rain, like I've been doing.
They say we might have some decent weather this weekend though. "24 North to Fish Road" ??? You meant South, right?
Walkin' doesn't bother me. I live just off 24 on the North side of Fall River near Airport Road, so that's pretty close for me.
I really appreciate the invite. Do me some good to hang out with someone who knows what they're doing.