Just started fishing for the first time since I was in grade school - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Official Member

Default Just started fishing for the first time since I was in grade school

I hadn't fished since I was kid fishing off the jetties of the Cape catching flounder, scup, and sea robin, but I was able to jump on a few trips with my buddy for some striper trips at the end of last year out of the north shore and as soon as I hooked my first striper the fishing fever was back. I bought all my gear at the end of last season and have had to wait all winter to get out again. I don't have access to a boat this year so a friend of mine and I are heading to the Cape on Saturday to see what we can stir up, I know giving out specific locations is frowned upon, so I won't even ask, but I wanted to know if I should be heading closer to Chatham or Falmouth to fish from the beaches and jetties? I don't even care if I catch anything, just want to get out again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 04:29 PM
in awe of real fisherman

Default Re: Just started fishing for the first time since I was in grade school

Hey PFLATS,
I am from the north shore originally (grew up in Peabody) and I can tell you from a drive perspective if you are doing a day trip this weekend...you will be a lot more productive this time of year coming down to Narragansett bay/providence area or Lower......

Also next weekend is the Rhodie gathering so if you can make ti down to that you will almost assuredly get into fish!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Official Member

Thanks Colad, RI it is then. Is Portsmouth area far enough down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Isn't that a drag, getting new equipment at the end of the season, and having to wait. lol
Welcome to the site, there is plenty here, to go around.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Young salt

You made me laugh with your story PFlats....reminds me of when I moved up to Maine a few years back. I didnt have a lot of $$ so I hit the local Wal-Mart and when I got to the fishing aisle, man, it was like every xmas and bday I ever had all wrapped up into one. Screw buying dust pans, brooms and other essentials, I'm getting me some gear. I must have walked up and down for over an hour picking out a rod/reel, hooks, line, sinkers, lures and all sorts of assorted fishing gear (1/2 of which I didn't and still dont even need). To make a short story long, I got so damn excited I think I started hitting the beach, rivers and jetties of OOB/surrounding in mid April. Needless to say I didn't catch anything until early June, and the only thing I accomplished was burning myself out far too long before the end of the season in September. I decided this year to try not thinking about it until May, yet I found myself rigging up my rods/reels weeks ago while watching fishing shows on a Sunday morning. Looks like next Wednesday's the day, I can wait no longer...bit early still but I have "the itch." Good luck in R.I. boys, hit 'em hard and
save some for us up here in Maine country.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:58 AM
in awe of real fisherman

definitely...We were up in the BArrington Area tonight and were into fish. Pulled one in in the 24 inch range. Had a cuple more on the line but the skills were still rusty and they were lost!