When are they coming? - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Young salt

Default Re: When are they coming?

Hey midcoast, u fish with any local guys up there that work for Fairpoint? I work in the dispatch office and talk to techs who fish up there all the time. Check my post in the striper room (I think that's where it is anyway) about floating worms off bottom......it's cheap, easy and best of all, works like a charm when they're around!!!! U coming to the gathering next week by the way???

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2008, 01:57 AM
Slayer

Im not sure what Fairpoint is? Is it the 911 dispatch for lincoln county? I dont think I will be able to make it I would so love to go but I think it will be to far right now with the gas prices the way they are. I only get 13.8 mpg so I dont get to travel any where right now. The place i been fishing is less than 3 miles from me in my little rustic town.
Old 06-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Young salt

Fairpoint is the new local phone company that just bought out the Verizon lan lines in the northern states to fund their fiber project in Mass/R.I. etc.....I'm not sure about the 911 center in Lincoln though there's been plenty in the newspaper lately about the issues they're having. The 911 center is technically Fairpoint's though it's still run by the Verizon outfit down in Mass. Anyway, too bad ya can't make it next weekend man, I'll drop ya a line if I head north this summer...though you're dead on with gas prices being what they are, I don't go any further from home than I have to.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2008, 11:46 PM
Official Member

There are schoolies all the way up into the Penobscot/Belfast harbor, so there must be some keepers on the lower coast. If not then very soon!
Old 06-23-2008, 12:45 AM
Slayer

Yeah after I thought about it i realized what fairpoint is. Yeah the gas prices are killing most people. That would be pretty cool I am always open to fishing with someone new that might know some tricks to help others out. But I have been trying in my usual spot but I have many others that are all within like 10-15 miles but I havent tried any yet, There all on a part of the Medomak River. I have seen what I thought was little schoolies but not sure cuz I never got a good look a what was jumping the surface for ever and all over. I;ll try to get som pics of where i have been fishing.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Slayer

Still no damn striper or nothing from the saltwater...It's getting discouraging.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Young salt

Be patient my man, things have slowed down considerably in the Saco/OOB area as well the last week or two. All those damn bait fish must be frantically swimming away from shore and bringin the stripes with 'em. Went out this morning from 3:45-6:00 or so but not much doing.....1 good sized fish feloniously robbed my worm, but that was about it. I know we'll have better luck this weekend at the gathering....if by nothing else, strength in numbers. Take that swipers, you can run but you can't hide from all the and patrolling the shores this weekend.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 07-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Slayer

Still no stripers that I know of in the Medomak yet. Lots of macks around and I've heard there are some small blues but the elusive striper is steering clear of me I suppose.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:42 PM
NukinFuts

They're around, not in the numbers that we are used to seeing, but they are there. I picked up 17 fish this weekend, for both days, about 5 - 6 hours of fishing, not too shabby.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:08 AM
Slayer

I think it's time to sell my salt water gear. I have still yet to catch a damn thing this year. Ha well I wont do that but this does suck I have caught a couple macks but thats a joke oh and wait I also caught a pretty good sized green crab but it didnt give me a fight lol. I hope this season is alot better for others.