Any suggestions for a spot in Hull, MA??? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-03-2007, 07:30 PM

Default Any suggestions for a spot in Hull, MA???

I am from New Jersey , but will be staying in Hull, MA June 12th to 14th . Are there any decent spots I should try while I am there? Any good guides in the area, or small charter boats for 2 people? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Any suggestions for a spot in Hull, MA???

If you are surf casting then Natasket beach is a good place to pick up stripers. I like to fish the end of the beach towards the end of Hull where the wall ends. You need to wade out pretty far to cast out deep enough (very gradual slope) and make sure you have a sand spike. Clams on a high low rig with a pyramid weight do the trick.

You could also try the hull gutt (end of hull near the windmill). It gets deep there and people fish from the beach although my friends say there are a lot of rocks in the gutt and lots of skates too. I've never tried it but there's a big rip there and it must be good fishing when the boat traffic doesn't get in the way.

- Noah
Old 04-04-2007, 03:22 PM
First Mate

If you don't have boat access, there are some rocks at the start of the beach. Hike around and find a good spot to toss some baits. If you drive to the end of the penisula I belive there are some good spots as well, but I don't get down there myself. I don't fish hull often, but you've got water on 3 sides... you should be able to find some nice areas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2007, 02:48 PM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Hull gut can be great but there is lots of boat traffic.....I suggest fishing there at night using clams on a hi low rig as Bostonfisher said. There ARE lots of skate there at times but it can be a great spot at times...again i suggest fishing there at night...

Next...nansasket beach is also a good spot, Fishing from the surf is great but at the very beginning of the beach there is a hugh rock structure. (This place is near some restaraunt I forget the name) anyways you can only fish here at night because during the day you have tons of swimmers and it's impossible to fish unless you want your catch to be a 12 year old boy wearing water panties.... be careful on the rocks they can be slippery as hell and if you fall at high tide your talking about 10+feet of water slamming off the rocks (remember stripers go here for the baitfish so choose your bait wisely based on whats running that time of the year) I always use clam in this spot and have RARELY gone there without at least hooking up with a small striper. To get to this spot remember to be careful and it is pretty much behing that seafood resteraunt on Nantasket Ave.

Both of these spots are very popular.....Also there is a baitstore right on Nantasket Ave. about 100 ft. near the beggining of the beach....the people working there are very nice and will tell you where the action is (without giving away any of the real good spots) I almost always buy my bait there because it is so fresh.....the clams are never frozen and I dont need to let them thaw out which can be a pain in the scrotum.....also take advantage of the 24 hour vending machines that are outside...they sell mackeral, clam, sea worms and nightcrawlers for freshwasher...the vending machine next to that one sells hooks, lures, sinkers.... practically everything you might need for a night of fishing including fishing line!
Old 04-05-2007, 02:56 PM

Also another great spot in Hull is the small seawall on James Ave....it can be hard to find so you may need to look at a map....remember that the street is where Hull public library is so follow the street signs.....I've caught mostly schoolies from here but caught a 28 inch striper here last summer using clams .......also this is a little off topic but has to do with this spot....I dont know if anybody remembers me talking last year about this spot but I caught a black sea bass here......... definently NOT a tautog! Just thought I'd throw that out there just because black sea bass are NEVER caught up here only down near cape cod (at least thats what Ive heard)
Old 04-07-2007, 08:15 AM

..love when a shop has a vending machine. Great for those late starts and last minute trips. I wish more shops had them!
Old 04-07-2007, 10:20 AM

yea It's awesome.....I cant tell you how many times I've been fishing and ran outa bait and either ran there (literally) from that spot on the rocks at the beggining of the beach....or drove there to resupply.....