Sakonnett Action? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-18-2004, 10:43 PM

Default Sakonnett Action?

Hi All 8) ,
I travel from NH to RI when I can break away from home and work. I'm learning the South County area thanks to Hammerhead :mrgreen: . I grew up fishing the Sakonnett bay and Sakonnett Pt. Any action out there yet? Should I plan a trip south anytime soon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2004, 10:19 AM

Default Sakonnet Point

Hey LittleRhody,

If i were you, I'd definetly be planning a trip down to Sak. Pt. I just heard that the stripers are all over the top of the water off the jetty and points north. I fish about 2 miles away from there off a private beach....just before south shore. I just pulled a 45lber out of there and the place is getting hot. Word of advice though if you head over to Sakonnett, when you get there, park to the left, pointing towards the lighthouse, i'd be fishing there and not out at the jetty. the jetty is great but theres alot more "non-striper" sea life, hahaha, ie....tautogs, scup, etc........ the rock formations in the water to the left is perfect. the stripers come out of that bay there and head to the left, trust me, i fish to the left, but about 2 miles away. give me a yell when you think your coming down this way, i'll throw a few casts with ya.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

show me 6' waves and i'll show you a 15' rod that will make it seem like your fishing a pond.
Old 05-19-2004, 07:49 PM

Default A definite possibility!

Hey Briggs,
It's looking like a "maybe" for this weekend :? . I have tickets to the sox on Sat night. I heard we have rain on the way, so the game and the fishing may have to be postponed if it's really bad out. If the weather holds off, I'll definitely be there. I hit the bait shop under the Sakonnett bridge as soon as it opens and am usually at the point by sun up. I'l know more Friday- ...hope that's not too late... :?:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2004, 12:07 AM

Yea, i saw the weather reports too. I kinda like a little rain now and then, just makes it more interesting. get to break out the rain gear. hell, thats why i bought it. hahaha. The time of the tides this weekend are perfect for me. its going to be the exact type of tide that i caught that 45lber last week......4pm-4:30pm low tide, which means, you not only fish the great lagtide, but you also are fishing the dusk into night. damn....i'm getting all excited. hahaha. I dont think i can really miss "did i just jinx myself?". <shrug> anyway, i'm going fishing from 5pm until 10pm rain or shine. theres going to be a ring of clear sky over my fishing hole anyway so i'm not worried about it, hahaha.

I'f you end up going this weekend......Good Luck !!!!

Saturday tides: hightide 10:31am,10:33pm....lowtide 4:06am,3:49pm.

Sunday tides: hightide 11:15am,11:14pm.....lowtide 4:44am,4:30pm.

Those are Sakonnett tides.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

show me 6' waves and i'll show you a 15' rod that will make it seem like your fishing in a pond.
Old 05-20-2004, 09:05 AM

Default My trip

Hi Briggs,
I checked the weather this morning and it looks a little more promising. It said the storms over the great lakes may pass to the north of RI, so my game Sat night may get washed out, but RI should be in the clear.
Soooo... things are looking up
I've always had good luck at the point, regardless of tides. The only time I've really come up skunked is when the winds are high :evil: , but we can hope huh... They said anything south of the storms will be in the 90's. 90's aren't usually accompanied by winds, so I'm starting to get excited!!!
Another update tomorrow.
Check in w/ me K?