I think he is still trying. The quality of posters on this site has gone down hill. We now have a buch of knucle heads who want to fight with seasoned fishermen saying they know better. Well, I got a few questions for those who think they know it all.
1. Ever caught a striper over 60lbs?
2. Ever caught serveral stripers over 50lbs?
3. Ever navigate the mouth of the mack, at night, drifting, and make it back with fish ?
4. have you Been fishing for over 30 years on the Mack and Plumb island?
5. Do you make your own plugs?
6. Do you make your own rods?
7. Do you catch your own eels?
8. Ever been featured in a magazine or news publication about fishing?
9. Ever been in a DVD on plumb island and striper fishing?
I can only answer no to all of those questions
. But people who you wish to fight with can answer yes to all of them.
Go ahead and fish the way that makes you comfortable. Just be aware that it may not be the best way to catch fish. I fish for the challenge of it. What ever it takes to put fish over the rail is what I will do.