Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Ohio Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 02-18-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures

I won 4 Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures in the christmas giveaway. Since I am fairly new to this game I wondered who else uses them, how they use them, and so on. They look very life like and I can't wait to use them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaclusion View Post
I won 4 Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures in the christmas giveaway. Since I am fairly new to this game I wondered who else uses them, how they use them, and so on. They look very life like and I can't wait to use them!
Ah, now we got ya! :)
Glad to hear you won some Smackin' Good lures there, Seaclusion!
Check our site out: http://www.smacktackle.com
There is a tips and techniques section, as well as the forum, where you'll find fishing reports, etc.
I've fished them like a surface popper, twitching it out of the shadows into the light, BAM! big striper in the boat.
I've fished them real slow, night casting on Lake Cumberland, casting just to bank from boat, reel just fast enough to feel lure wiggle, which is almost slower than I can reel! :) Nothing like the strike of a Striper at midnight when you can't see, but man you FEEL IT!
I caught a hybrid bass on one this last Sat. night wading a warm water discharge on the Ohio River, snowing, windy, 20's, after sundown, nice way to spend a Saturday evening:

Do what you can to imitate the action of the shad or baitfish where you're fishing. A steady retrieve, not too fast, twitch every now and then.
Please let us know what you catch, pics if you can!
Congratulations, God bless
LMJeff
Old 02-21-2007, 09:43 PM

Thumbs up Re: Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMiamiJeff View Post
I caught a hybrid bass on one this last Sat. night wading a warm water discharge on the Ohio River, snowing, windy, 20's, after sundown, nice way to spend a Saturday evening:
LMJeff
you are one hard-core troubadour to get out wading in those conditions, LMJ!!...glad you were rewarded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Smack Tackle Gizz4 lures

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-ride View Post
you are one hard-core troubadour to get out wading in those conditions, LMJ!!...glad you were rewarded.
Thanks Slo-ride, it's funny, I don't do it to be hard core, I just like it.
I haven't figured it out yet, I guess I'm bored, and don't mind being outside, if dressed properly. And yes, catching does help bearing those weather conditions!
I like watching it snow, listening to the wind, trying different retrieves, it's dark, you're really focusing in on what your lure is doing, then WHAM! the reel let's out with a scream, and you remember why you came out! :)
It wasn't a big fish, nor was it a loud scream, but it was all right!
LMJ