Hi Khary23, I just bought some inexpensive stuff - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers on the Fly
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers on the Fly Discuss fly fishing for Striped Bass here. Fly tying, tips, tricks, reports, etc. Everything fly!

Old 03-15-2006, 04:34 PM

Default Hi Khary23, I just bought some inexpensive stuff

to do the same thing your about to do. I'm coming off the Pine & Kettle Creeks of the world and going to try my hand at throwing the fly for some big bass this year. Quite honestly I went out and bought an 8/9 weight outfit from the Cabelas catalog and dropped around $225. 00 for the whole outfit. I will tell you that I am not using the line that came with the outfit. I'm going to go out and look for what the above posted said, a line that cost about 70 bucks and wrap that on the reel. If I have good luck with this venture I may jump up to a better rod and reel but that will be down the road. With that being said good luck during the season. I know I can't wait to get something with some weight and fight on a fly rod. This is gonna be good.

See ya on the salt!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Veteran

letsgetbent thats on the line of tightlines. different ,kool Welcome
Old 08-05-2006, 02:43 AM
First Mate
Pro Staff

LetsGetBent, You know I just saw this post. Any way I haven't gotten by set up yet(works been slow) but hope to by the fall run. How have you been doing on the fly rod?
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2006, 09:24 PM

You know I had a hard time understanding what the gentleman was trying to say or ask about in the first instance. Anyone care to translate please ?

I'll be packing up the 4-Runner for my post Labor Day trip (sp) to the Cape for a month of Striper fishing.

Be well all