Fall LM fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Sweetwater Fishing -Freshwater Stripers Freshwater fishing discussion. Articles on tactics and techniques for freshwater stripers as well as Bass & other species.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Fall LM fishing

Fall bass fishing can be as good as the spring. Cool days and cooler water temps make the bass want to stock up on food. I like slower presentations in the fall. Working the edges of the weeds with plastics works well also. I talked to a buddy the other night about top water. I was surprised to hear him say he didnt like top water. I love top water. I'll top water anywhere, anytime. Theres nothing like having a LM come up and strike a top water. I have caught more fish on top water then any other way. You also get to watch the entire explosion as it happens. I've had good sucess with plastic baits in heavy weeds. In addtion to this I like to work worms in the deep (14 to 20 ft). I use a 1/4 or 3/8 black jig head with a dark worm. I cast, let it set to the bottom, I then jig it 2 /3 times, I then lift slowly, I look for the hit on the way down. This is a great way to get those lunkers to bite. I like to take 3 rods with me, 1 for top water, 1 for crank baits and 1 for plastics. All have their own touches for there jops. Do get out there and fist the large mouths during the fall. You wont regret it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Up here in Mass, small ponds and shallow lakes have really cooled off already. The weeds have almost completely died off on my backyard pond. Last week I fished 3 out of 5 days. The first day I caught 2 small fish. The two other days nudda. Also, I haven't landed a big fish in almost a month. All this tells me that it's time to put the gear away until spring. Had a good season though, 526 LMB, 23 over 3 lb's and 6 over 5lbs.

This time of year, you really have to pick your days. A warm sunny day will have fish in the shallows. Otherwise they're deep and best to use jigs and deep divers. Top-water this time of year, only on the warmest days.