how is the action doing in Kingston/newburg area? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 PM
FISH ON!!!!!!

Question how is the action doing in Kingston/newburg area?

we were looking to trailer down to kinston/newburg area from lake gorge area any luck down there? are the bait hitting on those harring rigs. and is there any lunches close to 87 (with in 20miles or so). we havent really fished this area before.

thanks, and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Official Member

Default Re: how is the action doing in Kingston/newburg area?

People are catching in the Newburgh. I have more luck on the river w/ bloods than chunk herring. But if you can get them live go for it that would be my 1st choice if I was able to catch them. The closest place I know of by 87 in NBG is a place called Gully's. It's only about 4 or 5 miles from the intersection of 84 & 87. I'm not a boater so I don't know many launch areas. Hope that helps good luck out there.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Official Member

I was out yesterday in the Kingston area. I caught 2 21" & a 24". Fish finder was showing lots of fish. There is a launch in Port Ewen at Sleightsburg park http://www.scenichudson.org/parks/sleightsburgh launches you into the Rondout Creek reel close to the river. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
FISH ON!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by likwid22 View Post
I was out yesterday in the Kingston area. I caught 2 21" & a 24". Fish finder was showing lots of fish. There is a launch in Port Ewen at Sleightsburg park http://www.scenichudson.org/parks/sleightsburgh launches you into the Rondout Creek reel close to the river. Good luck.
do you have to pay? were is the closest bait shop with bloods? and what exit from 87 should we get off?

thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Striper Hunter

If you cross the river at Catskill you can launch at Germantown, or Hudson, or if you stay on the west side you can launch at Catskill-- Germantown launch-

Last edited by JakeF; 04-12-2012 at 08:44 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Official Member

sleightsburg is free but parking is limited. Also there is a drop off at the end of the ramp so at low tide launching can be tricky. there is also a state launch right below the Kingston Rhinecliff bridge, i forget the name of it. it may be free this time of year but if not its only a few bucks. problem is its a ways from the nearest bait shop, which is Certified Marine on the Rondout creek in Port Ewen/Eddyville. Whether they have bloods I dont know i rarely if ever use them, prefer herring. They have a website, just type certified marine rondout creek into your search bar and you will come up with a link for it. You can also launch there for a few bucks and that might be your best bet. there is also a free launch across the river behind the amtrak station in Rhinecliff. For either launch get off the thruway at exit 19, kingston. Use Mapquest to get directions or a map. one other thing, the speed limit in the Rondout creek is strictly enforced so beware. i fish mostly in the albany area but have family in kingston so i go out of there a few times a year but have never caught a striper down there. but that's just me, it is a general overall hotspot.
good luck, tight lines.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Official Member

Sleightsburgh is free. Get off the Thruway at exit 19. I've been getting good bloods at Certified Marina. It's on the way to the launch. http://www.hudsonriverstripedbass.com/Directions.html
Old 04-11-2012, 11:59 AM
FISH ON!!!!!!

cant wait to get down there Friday morning it is a two hour drive for us so got to get up really early! :(
Old 04-12-2012, 11:08 AM
FISH ON!!!!!!

any good spots around there?
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oglenforfish View Post
any good spots around there?
I don't know if anyone is going to spotburn. Put yourself at the right depth on a shelf somewhere and you'll find the fish.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:09 PM
Striper Hunter

just wait until the waters warm up a bit.. then the masses will be here.. still early
Old 04-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Striper Hunter

any other places to launch from in kingston besides sleightsburg park not familiar with the area, any info would be great.
Thanks. tights lines this weekend.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 PM
FISH ON!!!!!!

Unhappy Re: how is the action doing in Kingston/newburg area?

well to day was a nice day but the fishing sucked for us! first we managed to catch a eel then a cat fish and one white perch. no stripers we tried evey were close to the lunch but only a few good runs and a bunch of misses. today was not ower day, like every other day we fish. good luck this weekend guys we all need it!!!!