Re: sealing the thru hole
I've been epoxy sealing allot following Sudsy's instructions. Sealed about 20 yesterday. I use a Popsicle stick to "spoon" the epoxy to the through hole. I also drip epoxy in the belly hook holes. Once it starts dripping out the bottom, I use a small foam brush to apply the epoxy on the plug. I let the epoxy soak in a a few minutes, and then run the 100 pcs for a dollar at Christmas Tree Shop wooden Barbecue Skewer through the through hole. Wipe it off, run it through again, and 99% of the time, I'm good.The other 1% of the time, I need to hand crank a 1/8", 12 inch long drill bit through to clean things up after the epoxy dries. Sometimes, I clean up the dried epoxy in the eye, and hook holes with a Forstner bit. I do it by hand so I don't break through. I use an old drill chuck as a holder. There again, usually, I'm good without this step, but being anal has its disadvantages.
I run a wire through the plugs when I put them on the spinner. Grab the wire with pliers, give the plug a twist and the extra epoxy should break free. When I get sloppy, I might have to spin the plug on the wire a couple revs. I've never had the wire break...yet.... but I don't reuse those pieces of wire.