2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here) - Page 9 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: 2012 Big "D" spring fishing reports(post here)

Within the next week I will either convince local bait shops to carry live chubs or I will begin to order large shipments and sell to every and anyone at cost. I'll keep u posted if they decline to try and get in bait shops I'll make it easy hopefully.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 07:00 PM
jetinray

Had a good day on the big D today in all 11 bass where boated. The biggest was 33" we also boated a 31 and 3 slot fish. All on bloods on the in comeing tide. Didn't have a lot of problems with perch striping off the bloods until the last hour. Water temp was 53.4 and it was windy. Good luck to all tomorrow should be a good day.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfishin View Post
Had a good day on the big D today in all 11 bass where boated. The biggest was 33" we also boated a 31 and 3 slot fish. All on bloods on the in comeing tide. Didn't have a lot of problems with perch striping off the bloods until the last hour. Water temp was 53.4 and it was windy. Good luck to all tomorrow should be a good day.
Good job keep at it. Does anyone know how to post pic from iPhone onto here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Great Day, I fished with some new Facebook friends, got seven nice fish and lost two monster reel screamers..... All on bloods. The fishing is getting better and better. We fished the mouth of the Rancocous Creek in coming and out going tides! Great day.
Tight lines!
Gravy
Old 04-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Ur all pro now gravy I'm waiting for the shop to open up already lol good job
Haven't been out since Sunday and it's been killing me.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Ur all pro now gravy I'm waiting for the shop to open up already lol good job
Haven't been out since Sunday and it's been killing me.
That's funny!! Na.. no shop for me, I like to fish; I couldn't go fishing if I own a shop. Lol Thanks MU couldn't have done it without guys like you who share tips and tricks! Get out there soon! I am already starting to twitch and tremble with the need to get out again. Lol
Gravy
Old 04-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Jus off te river great day had 5 bass over 31" by 11:30am end with 13 bass all over 29" and 1 runt 8 or 9 cats 1 perch. My holes r coming alive! Lol even had a boat come by me as I was hooked up with a 37" bass and I started to act like it was a snag and jus let the fish run til the boat left then got'em in. I didn't want tht 14 boat fleet coming down on me from the ranacokas. Chubs caught the most clam accounted for the biggest a 30 lber. Went up to check out ranacokas an didn't see much happening there and boats were pulling up as I got there. Pop did get one bass on blood it was the runt I didn't even bother with the bloods even tho I had 2 packs. Ran outa clams and chubs and off to work I go be out Tomm all day. The bass were hung in 17-27 ft of water. Great day sure made up for not being there all week.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy Job View Post
That's funny!! Na.. no shop for me, I like to fish; I couldn't go fishing if I own a shop. Lol Thanks MU couldn't have done it without guys like you who share tips and tricks! Get out there soon! I am already starting to twitch and tremble with the need to get out again. Lol
Gravy
Lol I was talking bout the bait shop I was waitin for it to open from
2am! I think ppl gone be upset but I jus basically wiped out Brinkmans supply of clams I had to get them before I went to work or I woulda had no bait Tomm except bloods and chubs. I'll be out from sunup to sun down Tomm.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:26 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Lol I was talking bout the bait shop I was waitin for it to open from
2am! I think ppl gone be upset but I jus basically wiped out Brinkmans supply of clams I had to get them before I went to work or I woulda had no bait Tomm except bloods and chubs. I'll be out from sunup to sun down Tomm.
O... Gotch ya.... Lmao... Da... So your spots are really hopping awesome! I need to get back out again!! It's an addiction. I may need to get counseling!!! Lol Na just need more fishing time!! Have a good Easter dude!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:01 PM
Official Member

Hey guys a little help here! I was thinking about hitting the river at night ! How is the striper bite at night?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

I can't tell u about the night bite yet soon tho. It's still a tad early to be pulling all nighters once we get some 50 degree nights it's time. In my records the night bite takes off 3rd week of April in the past but Thts jus my personal knowledge others may say different. I'll be pulling all nighters soon so I hope to have info for u then.
Old 04-07-2012, 09:58 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Gravy u and me both can't believe my wife puts up with me when fishing is good I'm never home jus work and fish. I read a book one time tht said the guy wouldnt be able to sleep so he'd think about bass til he fell asleep well I don't sleep the night before trips and in the surf I fish 16 hrs a day with no sleep for 2 days. If I even start to lay in bed thinking about bass I'm up for an extra 2 hours
In 1954, the editors of Salt Water Sportsman declared that the striped bass had "a fanatical human following that compares to none." and it's now stronger half a century later.
Some call it a passion my wife says it's obsession.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:02 AM
Striper Hunter

The wife and i joined the crowd off the rancocus yesterday. We caught our share of shorts on blood worms again until the tide cahnge and the wind really picked up. I will be out alone on Monday and will focus on clams as the perch are working the area pretty hard already.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

On the water repot: jus released my biggest river bass to date so I had to tell someone. 49" bass with a 32" girth on clam at my hole.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

On the water repot: jus released my biggest river bass to date so I had to tell someone. 49" bass with a 32" girth on clam at my hole. 26' water on the ebbing tide.