Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Shore fishing report

19K views 56 replies 17 participants last post by  Cruisinfanatic 
#1 ·
I've noticed there's a lot of fish caught from boats on this site. Some one gave me the idea to make a shore fishing thread for the shore fisherman out there that prefer to fish from shore or don't have access to a boat, like myself. Here's mine from today. More info about this catch is on the striper report.

Attachments

See less See more
#37 ·
slow for me this weekend with only two small males 25 and 27 in.
started using Herring more than lures, wanted to fish the dam but way too many people and the sturgeon were still there, heard of Many good catches for the shore guys there!!

#45 ·
shake.gif happens every year..the guys fishing from boats..charter boats also..crowd out the SHORE FISHERMAN..pretty sad..ya cant cast out the boats are that close.....thebirdman.gif.....drifting over our lines and really dont care...thebirdman.gif.....time to break out the 8+o.z. sinkers and launch them....i would say the charters name but a few guys on here use him...all i can say that its south of coeymans....

#49 ·
We"re still getting em all the way to the Dam, our shore group caught 15 at dusk in under an hour one was 41in. at 30lbs. Stick baits ,jigs and surface lures, be out again tomorrow!!

#52 ·
Well, I think that"ll be it for this early season, be out again in a few months when the water warms for some top water plugging at the Dam,
Did I ever learn A lot this year! Great year it was! Spent ALOT of money on equipt. for the sole purpose of fishing the Dam effectively. The guys I met there Know how to fish it, and it took me nearly the whole season to get "in" wwith them. LOL!! I"ll be watching the reports especially Doc Z, that guy is Amazing!! See ya"ll next season tities.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.