Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

NJ Report Jan 3rd - Long Run Fishing Charters

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Long Run Fishing 
#1 ·
With the mild weather and water temps between 48 and 51, we took a trip out of Manasquan Inlet, NJ and we were covered up with bird life diving on herring and both Bass and Blues feeding! Yes...Bluefish in January!
The Simrad NSS-16 was lit up and we had a decent bite for a good portion of the tide. Lots of short Bass were taken on metal and shads and the blues were just as aggressive. See you at the Shows!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
fatalbert- It is not uncommon for Blues to stick around when the winters are mild as they can tolerate water in the high 40's and low 50's but anything lower than that they tend to leave. If I can remember, I would say close to 6 years ago we had a nice run of Blues right up to Christmas off IBSP. These Blues come in pretty heavy after the Herring and Sand Eels and this year we have seen more herring and I have not seen the sand eels as in the past 3-4 years as that was the predominant late fall early winter foreage bait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.