The end of one Hell of a run - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 06-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Keelhauler

Default The end of one Hell of a run

Though I ended my season a couple weeks ago, it's now official as today I cleaned up the boat and stored my gear.

To say that this run was epic would be a complete understatement. I can't think of an outing that I didn't catch something. I was able to put each of my guests on fish. That's rare for me since I'm not chasing them up and down the river in my 15' Alaskan. My personal favorite moment was watching my grandfather catch his first river striper. You would have thought he hit the lottery. He felt like a celebrity when he saw his pic on riverbasinsports.com lol

It's been a season full of personal bests. Most in a season:43(not including what my guests caught), most in a day:10 and FINALLY after 16 years breaking the 40" mark ...3 times in one week! My biggest touching the line at 42". I can't begin to imagine how this season would have ended up if I spent as much time out there as I once did.

Congratulations to Gunner, Brian and all of you other crusty salts that had a record breaking year. Let's hope this becomes more frequent. I'll see you around. Until then, I'm hopping in the boat and cranking some tunes. It's Miller time!

All time best: 42"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2016, 03:58 PM
Senior Member Elite

Default Re: The end of one Hell of a run

^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^

Epic year............set my year total record at 461; one day total record at 168 and largest record after 13 years at 40 in after having been stuck at 39.5 in every year. Also got all my newbies their first Stripers this year and they are hooked............love watching people catch them for the first time and feel the power of their pull.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Keelhauler

Incredible man. I'm jealous lol

All time best: 42"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2016, 09:17 PM
Striper Hunter

been some year only 2 one 28 inches other 36 and 1/2 bad year for me had lime and the meds I was taking the sun burnt me something bad nose face and hands but all cleared up now ready now hit the lakes

god luck out there and stay safe all

stripers 16
biggest 36
Old 06-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedude363 View Post
been some year only 2 one 28 inches other 36 and 1/2 bad year for me had lime and the meds I was taking the sun burnt me something bad nose face and hands but all cleared up now ready now hit the lakes

god luck out there and stay safe all

stripers 16
biggest 36
Old 06-04-2016, 12:49 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Z View Post
^^^^^Ditto^^^^^^

Epic year............set my year total record at 461; one day total record at 168 and largest record after 13 years at 40 in after having been stuck at 39.5 in every year. Also got all my newbies their first Stripers this year and they are hooked............love watching people catch them for the first time and feel the power of their pull.
Hi Doc Z,
Great catch. I am gene from kingston. I fish a 19 ft. Center Console. We had a record breaking year in kingston. 335 total.stripers caught in my boat.
I am new to this sight. Would you be interested in emailing or text messaging me ? Thanks. Gene
Old 06-04-2016, 10:48 AM
Senior Member Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wanderer View Post
Hi Doc Z,
Great catch. I am gene from kingston. I fish a 19 ft. Center Console. We had a record breaking year in kingston. 335 total.stripers caught in my boat.
I am new to this sight. Would you be interested in emailing or text messaging me ? Thanks. Gene
My email is [email protected].

I keep a boat in Catskill but never made it down to Kingston like I planned. I need to do that more next year as the bigger fish tend to be down there but it is hard to leave Marlboro/Newburgh when the bite is so good. It's also easier to fish with worms than herring...less aggravation, less mess.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
Winning !
Pro Staff

You guys said it all ... just the best season ever for me, my buddies, and just about every regular I know that was out. SIZE was outstanding and numbers were great.

Glad I got my 40 , for it will be my last full Striper season due to moving.

Good luck to everybody chasing fins for the rest of the year.

BB
Old 06-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbrian View Post
You guys said it all ... just the best season ever for me, my buddies, and just about every regular I know that was out. SIZE was outstanding and numbers were great.

Glad I got my 40 , for it will be my last full Striper season due to moving.

Good luck to everybody chasing fins for the rest of the year.

BB
Good luck Brian .... and trust me once you get some tarpon and snook under your belt you won't even miss catching stripers .... fishing for them maybe since it is a great experience but no comparison on the fight
Old 06-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Senior Member Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ship of Fools View Post
Good luck Brian .... and trust me once you get some tarpon and snook under your belt you won't even miss catching stripers .... fishing for them maybe since it is a great experience but no comparison on the fight
I take Striper over Tarpon any day................way more fun.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:59 AM
Official Member

Zero luck catching a striper on the Delaware this year. Only got to venture out several times. I'm thinking the Hudson with have to be a trip for next season seeing that it's about the same road time from the Delaware water gap.