Albany Boat rentals for the run - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 02-16-2015, 10:59 PM
First Mate

Default Albany Boat rentals for the run

If anyone knows of any boats that get rented out for a month or so during the run PM me. I need to get off the shore this year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Albany Boat rentals for the run

I don't think there is anyone up here near Albany renting boats at any time of year.
Old 02-19-2015, 08:31 PM
First Mate

I haven't been able t find a place yet. Looks like it another season from shore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 08:49 AM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanyfish518 View Post
I haven't been able t find a place yet. Looks like it another season from shore.
I don't know of any rentals on the river.

Even if there were rentals, i'm guessing they wouldn't be cheap. Might be able to find a deal on a basic 12'/14' alum V on the cheap. Than you'll have it for the whole season and the future seasons.

Another option, when season get here ... Mention here on the board that you're looking to get out with others local. Offer up a few bucks for gas money or to buy lunch. A lot of good guys on the Hudson River site here.

I have been on both ends of the situation, meeting up with others & also taking others. Can't say I have ever had any bad experiences.

Good luck man
BB
Old 02-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Check with Joe at Forever Young .. he was renting rowboats for a couple of years.

I agree with the buy a little one ..... i have caught hundreds of stripers from my little 12'er
Old 02-20-2015, 05:35 PM
First Mate

I have been looking for a 14 or 16 footer to have for this exact reason. The river makes me nervous in a little boat. I know Joe as I have been out fishing with him in the past on a charter.

Thanks guys, I struggle with fishing time and family/work so I was trying to find a boat last fall through now at a price I could afford and feel safe in.

I plan on taking a few days off this run during the week to fish maybe I can find someone during that tie going out. I would gladly pick up lunch and gas.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
I have been looking for a 14 or 16 footer to have for this exact reason. The river makes me nervous in a little boat. I know Joe as I have been out fishing with him in the past on a charter.

Thanks guys, I struggle with fishing time and family/work so I was trying to find a boat last fall through now at a price I could afford and feel safe in.

I plan on taking a few days off this run during the week to fish maybe I can find someone during that tie going out. I would gladly pick up lunch and gas.
I fish the river near downtown Albany out of the Corning launch...give me a shout when you can hit the river.
Old 02-20-2015, 08:56 PM
Senior Member Elite

This year I'll have one boat at Catskill and one in Newburgh. When there's room we're always willing to bring an extra. I'll prabably be on the river every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and weekends for the month of May.
Old 02-21-2015, 01:05 AM
First Mate

Thanks guys! I have the itch already and hearing of everyone's generosity to let me tag along has me dreaming of that reel screaming!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:05 AM
First Mate

Can't tell you how many times during the week i have gone out all alone. Usually after work. Weekends the boat is already packed.