Peanut Bunker nets? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 09-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Peanut Bunker nets?

Have any of you guys been using these, if so how good are they? I find snagging bunker a REAL pain in the ass.

How much are the nets and how do they work? Any info would be greatttt because I'm left completely in the dark on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2005, 11:24 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Snagging Peanut Bunker is more trouble than its worth. They are small, and number in the thousands when schooled, so when Bass are pounding them, the Bass are hitting anything that moves. You'd be better off just throwing a rubber swimbait or a Peanut Bunker look-a-like lure....the one I use most is a Gag's Mr. Bunker (4" rattletrap type lure). Works wonders.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:52 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

TAKE A TREBBLE HOOK OFF OF ONE OF THOSE PLUGS YOU WILL NEVER USE AND TIE A 25LB FLUORO LEADER 2FT LONG TO IT. PUT A BEAD ON, SLIDE A ONE OR 2 OZ EGG WEIGHT ON AND TIE A SWIVEL ON THE END. PUT THAT ON YOUR ROD AND CAST INTO THE PEANUTS AND SNAG ONE. WHEN YOU DO, LEAVE IT OUT THERE AND THE WEIGHT WILL SINK TO THE BOTTOM WITH THE PEANUT WRANGLING AND BLEEDING. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THAT RIG IS YOU MAY SNAG A SCHOOLIE SHORT AND WELL THAT'S NOT SO GOOD. NEVER SNAGGED ONE WHEN I USED TO DO THAT BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A FIRST TIME SO BE FOREWARNED

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 12:37 AM

Elias The nets sell from $20 to $100 bucks at Memphis Nets
and also You can check out Cast nets.com
and some high quality small bait nets from
Calusa Cast nets
You can also check out the how to throw a cast net video in the video section. Video Topic
Calusa cast nets