Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

vintage cubans

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zimno1 
#1 ·
demetrius moved back from NE and rang me up. wanted to fish tonight but mostly wanted to spark up some stogies and catch up. went down to the low tide spot and D fished for a few hours and we managed 2 keepers. my eyes are closed as i just began to savor the taste of the 10 year old hoyo de monterey double corona cubano. a rich and robust flavor with hints of cedar and a woody aftertaste left one speechless as the aroma of earthy tones wafted the surreal beachfront bluff of which the blue smoke enveloped the surfside rocky cove beside us. the double corona partagus lusitania would then spray plumes of an aromatic punch into my face from beside which enhanced the experience further as demetrius talked of his exploits in cairo/greece/turkey and ireland. there are some moments where fishing is all we want to do, but to catch up on a couple of years past with a good friend and enjoy the cool summer breeze on the rocky beach with a coffee and fine cigar are moments of solitude and reflection on what life truly is all about, friends and "potential fish on the line". welcome home dee and the fall run will be a better one with you at the beach

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.