Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Couple of striper newbies looking for some help!

6K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  bitten 
#1 ·
Hello all! Stumbled across your forums while searching for some striper info thought I'd look for some help here! We're both from the Adirondack park region of NY. Not that downstate city crap. Rivers are low and too warm for our typical trout fishing endeavors so we figured we would try something new. We're both die hard fly fishermen but not above tossing a spin rod if fly fishing isn't working. We don't know much about striper fishing. Very little in fact aside from that basics. Fish currents and deep drops off points? We're heading likely to the Wells area Tuesday next week. But not locked down. If anyone fishes that area and would be willing to provide tips or places to fish (even other areas) or even would be out fishing and would meet up that'd be great!

Any info at all would be AWESOME! Maybe if we get hooked we'll hit the Hudson River run since its 30 minutes from us and we've never fished it.

Thanks guys!

Oh and being fly fishing guys...hooking an albie would be a huge bonus!

#3 ·
Wow. Downstate city crap. Wells NY is close to where I used to bear hunt up in Speculator. Is that your area? Im downstate in the Hudson Valley and its beautiful here. Anyway I may be wrong but the striped bass run takes bass as far north as troy I believe. If you locate a place to fish ask again. Many of the methods are area specific. Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.