Hello from Bethlehem - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Georgia Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 10-15-2011, 08:28 AM
Official Member

Default Hello from Bethlehem

Im new to the forum here I really dig it too!I use to striper fish back in the 90's thru about 2002 and sold my boat and went trout fishin,well bought an old boat and now I got the fever again.I use to fish lanier a good bit so I got to reaquaint myself with the lake again.I was thinking about tryin out around the dam,there is an island straight out from the boat ramp,behind the dam store,if ya head straight for it you'll run up on a hump,the water would go like from 80 to maybe 30 feet in front of the island and deepen on the other side,I use to like to throw topwater plugs in the early morning and evening,and usually did pretty good.Im wondering if this is still a good spot for the fall time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Hello from Bethlehem

Hi Tullymars,
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that lake, but did want to say welcome to the forum .
Old 01-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Hello from Bethlehem

Typically you would want to throw a Bomber Long A, right up on the sandy banks, wind at your back if possible. Long sloping points work well too, you want to throw the Bomber in shallow enough water so you feel it hitting the bottom at the beginning of your retrieve. You want to retrieve at a speed that allows you to "feel" the thump/movement of the lure, hold the rod loosely (over deep water, so it doesn't get ripped out of your hands!!) and vary your retrieval speed till you feel the the action.

It is best to throw after dark or before daylight. Be careful out there, with the lake levels low there is a lot to hit our there in the dark. Wear your PFD at ALL times and make sure you have a your kill switch attached to you and a ladder that will allow you to climb back into the boat.

I used one of those SPOT devices, so I can send an SOS in case of trouble. Highly recommended if you are going to go out at night in the winter, especially with the low lake levels. A fish is not worth your life.

Good luck out there and I hope you get them!

The reef mouth that is out from where you are talking about marks the end of a long ridge that runs from East Bank Park out to the Shoal Creek channel. That whole ridge is worth a look!