New Member Looking For Help - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 07-25-2009, 06:43 AM

Default New Member Looking For Help

I'm a member of the West Nassau Historical Society and I admit, I have several motives for joining this group. First, a little about myself. I'm a retired Air Force Senior Master Sergeant who's been married for 46 years. My wife and I have six children, ten grandchildren, and five great grandchildren with one more on the way. All will be welcomed and loved.

My wife and I have been in Callahan, FL since Dec 2005 and, while we don't like the rain and the heat (we used to live in mostly the northern states and in Alaska), this is a nice place to live. I've joined for several reasons. I haven't fished in years, but it's past time to try again. All I used to catch was colds.

I'm also a freelance journalist, editor and photographer and I think this area has some of the prettiest scenary I have ever seen. Take a look at Callahan's Four Creek State Forest for example. I'm hoping that some of you might have stories I can write for publication (hopefully the magazines will pay) and photos I can take for publication.

I'm looking for help. Callahan's Thomas Creek flooded badly in August 2008 and one way we can help prevent that from happening again is to return it to navigable status. I need photos of boats, canoes, kayaks, etc, on Thomas Creek so that I can prove it was navigable in the past. If we can, there might be money availalbe to restore it. Please let me know if you have photos available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2009, 09:13 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: New Member Looking For Help

Good luck with your project...wish I could help

Hope you're able to get out fishing. My dad is 76 and has a hard time getting around anymore and I know he misses the striper fishing. He spends as much time as he can in Fla going for triple tail mainly

Old 07-25-2009, 01:33 PM

Thank you for your response. I wasn't really sure what I was doing in posting on Stripers247.com and I'm really pleased I must have done something right. I haven't fished for many years -- mainly because I've simply been to lazy to do it. I'm not too sure if I've already made this available, but if you have a chance, take a look at this: http://www.northfloridanewsdaily.com...ravel/160.html.
Thanks, again, and may Irish Blessings be upon you and yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2009, 05:25 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Nice to have you with us. And thanks for serving our fine Country.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Thank you very much. Those were not bad years -- actually they were pretty good. I recommend military service for any who are eligible. While there are some not so good things, I think the good usually outweigh the bad. I thank all the others who went before me and those who will follow. Maybe, eventually, man will reach the stars and we'll be there, too.