Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Southern maine fly fishing

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  erizerme 
#1 ·
Hey guys, girls hello.gif
I'm currently an Automotive student at SMCC in South Portland Maine. And a very avid striper fisherman. I'm looking to see if you guys could point me in the right direction to striper fishing in the Portland/South Portland area. As opening day comes close, i'm really itching to get out and fight some stripers. Maybe some day I'll catch up with you guys and we will go fly fish the good spots.thumbsup.gif
P.S Is there any good Fly fishing shops around that I could drop into and buy some flys?

#2 ·
Hey welcome to the site, I live in Maine as well, if you're in that area saco river is a good area to try, along with any other tributaries in the area...a lot of those areas should be good, the fishing should start around mid may with smaller fish starting in the area, around june will be a good time to really get a good fish on a fly, as far as fishing supplies, i would just take a trip to kittery trading post, they can also point you in some good fishing locations, if you visit their website www.kitterytradingpost.com they have fishing reports that are updated weekly, and when the striper fishing starts they will list the location and the date of when the fish have been caught. good luck, hope to see you around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.