Kate Beckinsale's cat catches fire
January 29, 2008 - 8:21AM
actress revealed her feline friend Clive accidentally brushed past a candle causing his tail to ignite as she was getting ready for the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Awards ceremony on Sunday.
Kate said: "Our cat Clive caught fire on a candle. As I was getting ready, there was like a 'whoosh' - a fireball and he went up like a rocket."
The British actress - who attended the awards ceremony with her director husband Len Wiseman - insists Clive was left unscathed by the incident.
Kate said: "Don't worry. The cat is fine. He had no idea what was going on."
However, Kate's Los Angeles mansion now reeks with the smell of singed cat hair.
"The smell of burnt hair is awful!" she said.
Kate, 34, has just finished shooting Nothing But the Truth
alongside David Schwimmer and Matt Dillon.