Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Old pluggage

Tags
pluggage
5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Roccus 
#1 ·
I have this old plug that was my fathers. He gave it to me about 8 years ago with his old Montage or Kingfisher 9' bamboo surf rod and old honey Fenwick (which I rebuilt). I had his surf bag as well which was a Army surplus looking thing. Can't find it though!!

Well any one know the make??

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
The eyes look like decals.. but not sure! My said he bought it in the early `50's and that he had quite a few plugs other then that (prolly hidden in his basement somewhere) I have the reels as well. One is a Penn 200 Surfmaster and 2 Penn 250 surfmasters and an odd ball called an Auqatrol made in Philadelphia which really looks like a custom made.

#6 ·
conrad may have made that plug himself but i'd say it's a pichney conrad.. although i don't know if he made it with all that glitter and your dad may have added it. (but i'm not an expert on vintage pluggage so it could very well have been made that way as per the paint job) the dual belly hooks i'm unsure of. may have used them as it was an eel skin plug as there was no tail hook and is a deep diver. must've tuned that plug like that and if so? i'd like to swim it myself to check it out. that imo is a herring color cuz that's the color of an inside out eelskin but again, i'm not the man to ask definitively. Donny Musso made plugs with eyes like that mark so it's up to a real plugologist to give us the history of this really nice find man..don't fish it dude. if it was your dads then save it and cherish it.

#8 ·
you'd think i'd have known or remembered that.. but the bills swimmer you made didn't have all that much glitter and was white it think. like i stated... a plugologist will know exactly wtf it is.. :adore:

a 77lber on an eel. how close do ya wanna get..... get me out mid july on your boat neegroe..i pm'd you jims number(s). i told him you'd be gettin in touch.

#9 ·
you'd think i'd have known or remembered that.. but the bills swimmer you made didn't have all that much glitter and was white it think. like i stated... a plugologist will know exactly wtf it is.. :adore:

a 77lber on an eel. how close do ya wanna get..... get me out mid july on your boat neegroe..i pm'd you jims number(s). i told him you'd be gettin in touch.
they used more glitter, i use epoxy... I believe the one I gave you was done in whiting.... complete with fins.... another add on by Roc....not Stock by the original Capt. Bill ( there is another{new} dude out there selling plugs under that name...)....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.