Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Don Musso and Super Strike Lures

8K views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
Please join to read Franks articles in their entirety.
http://www.swlcc.com/MEMBERSHIP.html

Jim

Don Musso and Super Strike Lures

By Frank Pintauro for
www.swlcc.com
April 2008

Introduction
Don Musso's body of work straddles "The Golden Age of Surfcasting" and the "Age of Modern Plastics." Throughout that time his lures have caught more bass and blues than we could ever imagine, and his innovative designs have spawned a whole new generation of makers. This staying power has quite simply made him this generation's "Stan Gibbs." It is time for him to take his place as one of the great saltwater lure makers of all time. Last August we finally got a chance to sit down with Don, and what follows is an edited version of that interview.
More>>>>
Don Musso and superstrike - url disabled part 1

FP: What influenced you to start getting into plug making?
DM: Really… just fellas I was fishing with. I would hand-carve my own plugs, and guys would encourage me to go into business. In 1960 a couple of guys introduced me to Dan Pichney. We hit it off as far as friends and fished together for years. In 1966 Dan bought a wood lathe and encouraged me to buy one so we could start making plugs together. From that time on, that's what we did.

See less See more
#3 ·
Don Musso and​
Super Strike Lures - Part 3
Part 111

By Frank Pintauro for
www.swlcc.com
March - April 2009

As promised, Don and Steve Musso sat with us to detail Super Strike's move to modern plastics. In an economic climate where it is vital to be able to reinvent yourself, I think you will find it fascinating to see just how important the power of an innovative product is. For Super Strike lures have those fish-catching extras -- a sure, deadly, quality lure.
Put Don Musso up there with Stan Gibbs and Bob Pond as one of the great saltwater lure makers of any generation we have known on the Striper Coast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.