Party Boat Woman's Rig for Large Striped Bass - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:09 PM
Official Member

Question Party Boat Woman's Rig for Large Striped Bass

My sister, who live in New York, would like to purchase an outfit that would be good for large striped bass (20 to 40 lb). She has been out on trips where the large stripers are being caught and was concerned about being able to handle the fish. She is 5’3” tall. 125 pounds and works out with a trainer, so she is stronger than the average woman this size. Can you suggest models for the rod and reel? What pound test would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Party Boat Woman's Rig for Large Striped Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg3141 View Post
My sister, who live in New York, would like to purchase an outfit that would be good for large striped bass (20 to 40 lb). She has been out on trips where the large stripers are being caught and was concerned about being able to handle the fish. She is 5’3” tall. 125 pounds and works out with a trainer, so she is stronger than the average woman this size. Can you suggest models for the rod and reel? What pound test would you recommend?

I don't think that her strength is a factor here.

However, since she is 5',3", I think the "fit" of the rod is the most important thing. Leverage and her comfort is very important !

I would ask around and find a custom rod builder ( "shop around" for the best price ), in the area, that would be willing to determine the best butt length, reel seat position, and "reach" to the foregrip.

Once you know her "measurement" for a rod, you can see if anything "off the shelf" will work. If not, you have the option of modifying an existing rod or building a custom rod. PLUS, she would be able to "pick her colors" !

Tight Lines !
Old 10-02-2017, 08:30 PM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ez2cdave View Post
I don't think that her strength is a factor here.

However, since she is 5',3", I think the "fit" of the rod is the most important thing. Leverage and her comfort is very important !

I would ask around and find a custom rod builder ( "shop around" for the best price ), in the area, that would be willing to determine the best butt length, reel seat position, and "reach" to the foregrip.

Once you know her "measurement" for a rod, you can see if anything "off the shelf" will work. If not, you have the option of modifying an existing rod or building a custom rod. PLUS, she would be able to "pick her colors" !

Tight Lines !
Thank-you very much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg3141 View Post
Thank-you very much
You're very welcome !

I hope you are successful in finding the right rod . . . Once you do that, choosing a reel is much easier.

Tight Lines !