How was this Spring for you????? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > View From The Beach
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

View From The Beach Renowned surf angler, Rich Troxler, shares his thoughts, tactics, tips and tricks for surf casting success!

Old 08-02-2016, 06:13 PM
First Mate

Default How was this Spring for you?????

I've been doing my own bit of research the last several years on the general health of the bass stocks. It's a topic that is important to me, and no doubt important to many of you. So I would appreciate if you post up a couple sentences on how the spring season was for you. I'm interested in knowing the following:

1) Your general level of fishing experience, again GENERAL level, so that I know how many seasons you may be comparing it to.

2) How did this spring compare to previous springs.

3) Was there anything unusual that jumped out at you about this spring, like different bait patterns, fish arriving early / late, etc.

4) The general size and health of the fish you caught.

I hope you all had a good spring and I'll thank anybody in advance who wishes to pony up a post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Veteran Elite

Default Re: How was this Spring for you?????

I fish the Hudson way up north near the Troy dam.

Numbers were average but the fish were BIG. I caught more 38+ inch fish than i ever have before and several over 40. Same thing from all my friends in the area as well.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: How was this Spring for you?????

Interesting, so the smaller fish were absent from the mix. Thanks for your input Ship and have a good season.