The maintenance side - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop > Tackle Evaluation & Product review
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Tackle Evaluation & Product review Tackle listings and product review Forum

Old 07-14-2014, 06:41 PM
You can call me Steve

Default The maintenance side

So i have been using fin-nor for over 10 years, i have an estima e-300 for bass and salt water. My bearings started to go on me last year, nothing was stopping that sound of grinding. Sooo i took the winter and researched companies. I had a setback but i ended up building a set off their website to fit my needs. As my reel is discontinued with Zebco(purchased fin-nor) i had to pull out the trusty caliper and take measurements. It was a fun learning expeirence, and they have a lifetime customer. I replaced the main and crank bearings and its like new. Now noise except for some parts starting to wear out, thats the next project. I lubed up with hotsauce and for gear lube i used shimano premium grease. Its made for bike chains, but its a synthetic and its top quality lube. I did check to make sure it doesn't have any corrosive composition with my reels materials.

If you havnt heard of em Bocabearings.com the website is pretty easy, they take all major CC and paypal(a must) if anyone has any questions about it let me know, ill answer to my best. I gave feedback as online orders could be handled better with either updates or tracking.

~Displaced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: The maintenance side

I've heard nothing but good about Boca bearings. Lots of guys use them for older discontinued reels. Good on you for doing the legwork and figuring out how to give your reel new life!