Beginner on the Cape - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 10-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Beginner on the Cape

okay, my bad, i didn't mean to be so blunt and mean as i know it sounds that way. jims fault anyway. "bucktail the inlet". this time of year at the cape is iffy so you need to get a variety of things goin to get fish. sometimes cutting down the porkrind or thinning it out. sometimes a jig of a different profile. all i know is up current is up current. casting up or down to the water coming towards your direction and moving the jig back towards you or paralell to the beach in the direction coming back from whenst you cast it. inlets are tricky. if the tide is coming in then ideally you'd think the water on the bottom is moving in but it's usually not. it's moving out in some cases. you could very well cast the wrong way. i'm not good at sermons but will appologize for that as well. sorry if i was coming off that way. not my intention. everyone knows i'm really not mean. "just born that way". ask if there is anyone who will put the time in for the newcomer and it will be the same answer. there are a slew of reasons for not getting a fish. one being stealth. ie: sound/movement/light etc. sometimes the fish are right at your feet when you get there and you can spook them off before you even get started fishing. ed is right, going out with someone is the best medicine. but trying and trying and reading and doing can work. there is only a blank canvas to work with here so i can't see you/water/gear/wind/current/temp/tide/structure/etc. just my mean ass self hurting your feelings. i appologize dude...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Striper Hunter

I have fished the jetties and inlets just east of you for the past two weeks. I have landed four keepers. To my surprise- I was fishing mid-day, drifting live eels on flouro-carbon leaders. Got most hits one hour after high water on the outgoing tide. I haven't been back this week. Things change fast around here.

Check out "how to fish eels" on here.

Spend more time on and around the jetties. Sling the eels everywhere you can get them, even back in the creeks. There is no "spot". They have tails.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimno
just my mean ass self hurting your feelings. i appologize dude...
-

GGVan Zim treats everyone the same. Dont personalize it dude.
Just dont give him your cell # or any pictures.