Dumbfounded.................... - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 05-04-2009, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Dumbfounded....................

So I get this PM......................................

I'm now supposed to show up at the next meeting for this commitee. Well I was challenged with that anyway. My feeling about that?
The commitee is already stacked by members of RISAA. 1 of which is not even a resident of this state. This commitee is supposed to be exploring a way to submit a bill for vote as a potential Rhode Island State law. Why is there a tackle shop owner from Mass who can't even vote here, on this panel? Because he is a member, and correct me if I am wrong a major contributor to RISAA and a commitee member. 1 of the staffers showed up late, shirt inside out and completely lost on the subject, a commitee chair from RISAA as well.
2 of the staffers also comitee members in RISAA, who's literacy I question, had to have multiple issues explained to them, including the term "reciprocity" more than once.
More than 1 time, the term, "restricted reciept account" was denied, first that it even existed, and more than once after being corrected that the new program could be added and then when it was disclosed that it could, the subject was dropped and the meeting moved on to exploring reciprocity, with information guidelines suggested by me.
Why should I have any respect for this process and this commitee, when it is obvious to me the agenda is decided, and it is nothing more than going through the motions at this point.
I'll voice my opinions to the folks that I am in contact with, and IF this potential bill ever see's the light of day, I will make sure I am at the public hearings.
If you think this 1st generation AKC registered American Canuck Jarhead is thick headed and vocal on a website forum, just wait till the chips are down, the research is done and my opinion is 100%.

You already know my name, we have had more than 1 conversation, you will recognize me, of that I am absolutely positive.

I've gone so far in explaining my position and standing up for my beliefs that I have had my life threatened to shut me up. That worked real good didn't it?

Why is the word license so dirty at this point?

It's the only word that will protect our money, and make sure that the elected public officials cannot abuse those hard earned dollars to patch the pot holes on 95, or close budget gaps in the Providence school system.

I guess you don't need to forward this post to him Tom, he registered as a member in order to PM me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Striper Hunter

Gunny, I guess I'm not seeing your point. You don't like the $3 RISAA proposal because its not called a "license"? But you would rather have a $10-$20 program that is called a "license" and the money spent in true government fashion 1/2 on fish stuff and 1/2 wasted? Yet you say you weren't and aren't a fan of a salt water license? What am I missing here?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:31 PM

What is being missed is that the registration would not be protected by federal programs and restictions, calling it a license would.
Where does the $20.00 figure come from, when the director told me it can be called a license and cost would be $7.50 and protected by federal restricted reciept funding.
Registration, not covered by federal law, can and will be raised by state legistlature at will and dumped into the general fund and spent any way they wish.
Enforcement of a "registration" would be all but unenforceable, as jurisdiction is questionable at best.
If I have to peel out more money for another user fee, as I spend more than $350.00 a year as it is now, I want the money to go back to the resource it is being collected for.
Christ, I killed 9 Deer last year at a price per pound of around $7.00.
Ducks are at about $55.00, Grouse at $100.00, and Cottontails at $80.00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2009, 11:51 PM

And by the way, It has been said that "restricted Reciept accounts" do not exist.
The last Rhode Island State Budget has 57 designations of them. All concerning Fish and Wildlife Federally funded and protected programs. All of them tied to the word License or stamp. Never with the word "registration" which by the way There are programs considered registration, I/E the waterfowl HIP program, which is directly attached to a hunting license and federal waterfowl, or Migratory Bird Stamp, these programs are administered by the feds to collect data from Waterfowl hunters in order to monitor waterfowl hunting success rates and set season and bag limits on species targeted by BillyBobs like me that enjoy a good Goose Gumbo from time to time.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Striper Hunter

If you're referring to the Wallop-Breaux and Robertson-Pittman programs don't get too hung up on the name, as long as it goes into the right fund its "protected." But, either way, license or registration, its only protected in that the state won't get federal grants if they divert the money. The legislature always has the option of forgoing the federal grants and putting the money into the general fund.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:02 PM

It takes a man to admit when they were wrong. I'm glad to see you agreed with at least a part of what I said. I'm much like you myself in that I always seem to take things head on. I guess our years in the military made us that way. To bad it doesn't always translate well into the civilian world. Anyone that knows me can tell you I've bent a few noses over the years too. I'm always political, but rarely politically correct.
Tight Lines
Old 06-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Striper Hunter

nyone know what the latest is on the RI registry or license or whatever they want to call it?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:59 PM

$7.00 for a resident, $10.00 for a non from a non reciprocal state. Money is protected, and its called a license.
Oh me oh my.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:07 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

I would pay 100 if it the money went to the right spots to fish that shore line for a season I wouldn't even Bat an eye.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Official Member

Ed, I know Steve very well and respect all of the good work he has done on behalf of the recreational fishing community and cannot understnad why you resort to the name calling. The tackle shop owner your talking about spends countless hours studying the issues and is very well versed. It's not productive to be adversarial with those who are seeking the same goal as you. Work together to make it better.
That's my $.02

Armand
Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Long past due, way too long.
I guess the embarassment of my statements may have contributed to why it has taken so long.
I must take the opportunity to openly opologize to the RISAA members, and the leadership of the oganization I insulted in a childish manner of name calling.
I will neither try to justify with reasons or give worthless excuses.

I openly opologize, and am truly sorry for the statements I made.
I am truly gratefull for the outstanding work that RISAA has done for the anglers of Rhode Island and the work they continue to do for us here.

I was extremely wrong in what I did, and hope that I can some how amend what I did with future support for RISAA and the folks that Thanklessly, on many occaisions, do the things they believe are right for all of us that affected by the political system.

I pray that all of you can accept my humble opology so that we can continue to move forward with what we all hold near and dear to our hearts, and that is what is right and just for the salt water anglers every where.