Followup: Fly Fishing Wellfleet Cape Cod - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 07-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Followup: Fly Fishing Wellfleet Cape Cod

First, thanks to all that offered advice/locations, etc. It was much appreciated. Secondly, it was just too warm/crowded for decent flyfishing off land, not for lack of trying though. Never did make it bay side of Great Island, simply ran out of time. Will definintely try again in the fall. Tried everything close to shore, streamers off sinking lines, snake flies, poppers, sliders, etc. nothing. My only consolation was that the bait people weren't getting much either. Word was that the blues were being taken on the surface in the bay, but the stripers were down in 60-75 feet of water. Atlantic coast looked good, esp Newcomb Hollow beach, but again, just ran out of time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2008, 11:28 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Default Re: Followup: Fly Fishing Wellfleet Cape Cod

that sucks, but sometimes where you are fishing is just as pleasant as the experience OF fishing (if that makes sense?) i wait all winter to wet my waders for the first time and just take in the experience of once again being in the surf. that moment is priceless and every day should be such as winter will be here before ya know it and those last days of fishing in the snow will at days or nights end be (if there are no fish) the melancholy ones as you know the season is close to over. so enjoy each outing as a gift. zim

Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Followup: Fly Fishing Wellfleet Cape Cod

To Zimno1: Agreed. The whole saltwater thing is new to me, but I have to say quite enjoyable fish or not. Picking up a couple of 20" plus stripers in the Kingston area this spring on a fly rod hooked me forever. Now I spend my time trying to figure out how to get back to the salt water (for cheap). Thanks for the reply.