G Loomis IMX warranty question - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Official Member

Default G Loomis IMX warranty question

I broke my rod about 4 inches or so from the tip of my brand new G-Loomis IMX 1325 this morning at the Cape Cod Canal. The top of the rod between the tip and the next guide broke clean thru. My mistake. I fell forward and the tip hit the ground.

There is 2 1/4 inches left from the broken tip to the next guide. I think the factory lenght is 6 or 6 1/2 inches. Can anyone verify that for me? It is a rather clean break.

I was told when I bought the rod that G-Loomis has a guaranteed, no questions asked warranty. After going online, it looks as though that is not the case. ( another mistake by me )

Will they charge me for an entire new blank? If so, how much? Is it worth it or should I just put a new tip on knowing that I am missing about 4 inches of length between the last two guides?

I thought they replaced rods for a $100 fee, no questions asked and your rod was your warranty. I dod not save the sales reciept. I am so fuming at myself right now.

Thank you for you advise and opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Official Member

Default Re: G Loomis IMX warranty question

One other idea I have is to just glue on a new rod tip but with 2 1/4 inches between the rod tip and the next guide I wonder how that will affect performance and feel. I know it will make it feel a little more stiff.

Thoughts?
Old 08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: G Loomis IMX warranty question

If it's not warranteed, I'd just put a new tip on it and fish it as is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement