2nd Annual Fathers Day with Floatsum! - Page 4 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 06-16-2008, 11:48 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: 2nd Annual Fathers Day with Floatsum!

im glad you guys got into fish. it would have been cool to bring my son down that way..however the canal is familliar to him and where he wanted to go, he doesnt really fish..he combs the shore looking for crabs, shells and whatever else he can find. i was able to catch one schoolie and lose a few jigs to the rocks...the rain held us hostage when i wanted to be fishing though...oh well..nothing wrong with a nap to pass the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 PM
Striper Hunter

Nice to hear about the catches! Nice fish, Baitrunner! How big was that Keeper Jon006? Hope to see more reports!
Great to hear the positive update, Floatsum! Sounds like you're on the road to recovery and will be out there soon! I hope to get out there soon myself!
I was all packed up and ready to Saturday, My friends' were having a BBQ at their summer house at Long Beach LI, and I would at least get to the back bay side. Well, his joints and back was killing him, so I wound up prepping the house and backyard,setting up, keeping the food and drinks coming, and working the BBQ to help him out and then chauffeur the kids to a birthday party that night! it wasn't meant to be.
My daughter and I are heading back next weekend, so I'm shooting for Friday and Friday night-hope the tides are right!
Old 06-16-2008, 03:22 PM
First Mate

Didn't mean to "offend" anyone with my decision not to stick around and fish... Next time I will ask your permission to leave

Bryan
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Official Member

Talking Re: 2nd Annual Fathers Day with Floatsum!

My son and I had a good time saturday night . Sorry I couldn't stay for round two . Those damn bridges !! I am looking forward to the next gathering . Perhaps around South County ?

I enjoyed meeting you guys . You were all very nice and very helpful . It was nice to feel like part of the crew , even though we'd just met . Thanks a bunch guys !!!!

Tight lines to you all,
Rebekah
Old 06-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
Didn't mean to "offend" anyone with my decision not to stick around and fish... Next time I will ask your permission to leave

Bryan
Bryan,

I dont think comments like that are needed man. I still love you though....lol
Old 06-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenegade View Post
Nice to hear about the catches! Nice fish, Baitrunner! How big was that Keeper Jon006? Hope to see more reports!
Great to hear the positive update, Floatsum! Sounds like you're on the road to recovery and will be out there soon! I hope to get out there soon myself!
I was all packed up and ready to Saturday, My friends' were having a BBQ at their summer house at Long Beach LI, and I would at least get to the back bay side. Well, his joints and back was killing him, so I wound up prepping the house and backyard,setting up, keeping the food and drinks coming, and working the BBQ to help him out and then chauffeur the kids to a birthday party that night! it wasn't meant to be.
My daughter and I are heading back next weekend, so I'm shooting for Friday and Friday night-hope the tides are right!
Around 30 closer to 29" Not the biggest bass but good for the plate. I forget to mention I also caught a near keeper sized fluke....on a chunk, weird...
Old 06-16-2008, 05:00 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

hey bryan....fenway exploded just before 11am...way out to the left..i mean way out near the mouth of the bay...could bareley see from where we were parked...i drove around the corner for a closer peek and it was pandimonium...boats lined up hooking fish....too many birds to count and hungry bass pigging out on tinkers...it was just starting to rain again too...andrew and i watched for a few minutes, it was really cool to see.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi4290 View Post
hey bryan....fenway exploded just before 11am...way out to the left..i mean way out near the mouth of the bay...could bareley see from where we were parked...i drove around the corner for a closer peek and it was pandimonium...boats lined up hooking fish....too many birds to count and hungry bass pigging out on tinkers...it was just starting to rain again too...andrew and i watched for a few minutes, it was really cool to see.
Thats sweet man I really like that spot

Bryan
Old 06-17-2008, 06:29 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon006 View Post
Bryan,

I dont think comments like that are needed man. I still love you though....lol
I don't feel as though you should have made any comments about what any other member here did regarding the night... If some said they'd attend and didn't then so be it and by calling me out saying what you said is uncalled for... I can and will do what I please whenever I please without saying anything to anyone... Im all done with this though so I will consider this BS over with.

Bryan
Old 06-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanL View Post
I don't feel as though you should have made any comments about what any other member here did regarding the night... If some said they'd attend and didn't then so be it and by calling me out saying what you said is uncalled for... I can and will do what I please whenever I please without saying anything to anyone... Im all done with this though so I will consider this BS over with.

Bryan
Enough said, Ill man up on this one...sorry if I offended you Bryan, I know your a good dude, Ive seen it and I have been told so by a couple people on here. I look forward to fishing with you in Maine, as long as you take a couple of casts with that damn wonderbread plug that I can't seem to find anywhere....

Last edited by jon006; 06-17-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: A prior lack of braincells...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:14 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

now now..you two...kiss and make up. no need to be pig headed and hold a grudge...lifes too short fellas. its hard to forgive and forget...but well worth the effort.
Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
now now..you two...kiss and make up. no need to be pig headed and hold a grudge...lifes too short fellas. its hard to forgive and forget...but well worth the effort.
Who said anything about a grudge! I don't begrudge anyone for that exact reason Jim, life is way to short...
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

nobody said anything about a grudge..but i know how "people" in general can be. im hoping to ward off any potential grudges...im not saying anyone will hold one..but a lot of people in this world let little things get to em. i know first hand i used to let small crap eat at me all the time...and its been such a relief to finally understand how to let stupid crap go and move on. just offering advise in general based upon what i have been through...hoping i can be of use to someone.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon006 View Post
as long as you take a couple of casts with that damn wonderbread plug that I can't seem to find anywhere....
did i miss something here? at any rate, well done at another gathering i guess, as long as fish are caught SUCCESS

Old 06-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
nobody said anything about a grudge..but i know how "people" in general can be. im hoping to ward off any potential grudges...im not saying anyone will hold one..but a lot of people in this world let little things get to em. i know first hand i used to let small crap eat at me all the time...and its been such a relief to finally understand how to let stupid crap go and move on. just offering advise in general based upon what i have been through...hoping i can be of use to someone.
Your a good dude!