New to the Forum - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > New Member Introductions
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

New Member Introductions Please introduce yourself to the members of Stripers247.com

Old 10-09-2007, 01:36 AM
Striper Hunter

Default New to the Forum

Hello All!
I'm new to the site and mostly fished Raystown Lake...I also hit the off shore from Indian River North from time to time. I
If I'm not fishing during the fall I'm usually archery hunting. I've done pretty well going for freshwater strippers but seems that I can't do the same on open saltwater. Would I be better to go into the Delaware or Chesapeake in the fall? I'd appreciate anyone's feedback..
Glad to be part of the site..
Seamaster
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM
First Mate

Default Re: New to the Forum

Unfortuneately, I have no usefull input for you. Just wanted to welcome you to the site
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Hi Seamaster. Welcome to the board. If you mean the Delaware river, the Chesapeake would be better but the Delaware bay should have plenty of fish.
The fish are very late this year so the fall run will be on seriously in November.
I would think Raystown is heating up now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2007, 02:24 PM
First Mate

Welcome to the site.

BryanL
Old 10-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
Hi Seamaster. Welcome to the board. If you mean the Delaware river, the Chesapeake would be better but the Delaware bay should have plenty of fish.
The fish are very late this year so the fall run will be on seriously in November.
I would think Raystown is heating up now.
striperjim
I really enjoy this website...lots of good info.. I've heard the Raystown stripers are not as deep now and are more active near the surface particularly in the early morning on live baitfish using planer boards and freelines. I want to get another archery day in this weekend and then get to Raystown. I've tried a number of arificial lures ranging from swim shad of different sizes to buck tail jigs. It seems the fish at Raystown want real food. I finally got my cast net permit and can get nice baitfish.

What do you think of buying small trout and using those. I understand it is legal if you have the receipt for the trout.

Seamaster