Boston Harbor - 9/08 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-09-2008, 11:25 AM

Default Boston Harbor - 9/08

Fished that harbor last night, my spot is still loaded with bait, i thought the storm this weekend might have put an end to that but they are thick as ever. I fished for about 3 hours, 2 blues and 1 bass. This fish was gut hooked, so it will be my first time trying striper since i concluded i did not like it without even trying it about 10 years ago! Great to see some bass mixed in with the nothing but blue fish i have been getting the past 2 weeks. it only gets better from here!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 01:44 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Boston Harbor - 9/08

Nice fish! I was out there Sunday after the storm and the fishing was great. Lots of bait with a goog mix of big bass and blues in the Boston Harbor.

I bet you'll find you like the taste now - especially if you eat it fresh. Lets us know how eating it goes for you.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Young salt

Mmmmm, you're in for a treat pmat.......just make sure ya cut as much of the "red meat" out of your fillets as ya can!!!! Simple butter, lemon, fresh garlic, salt and pepper ( I like a dash of Old Bay as well, optional) and grilled/fried is out of this world. Hope ya enjoy it man, nice fish!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

Yeah I had a great afternoon/night last night over there. Caught about 40 schoolies the largest being about 30" I will say that this time of year eating a bass from the inner harbor is really not good idea.

If you have caught them in the spring you can tell the difference as by now they smell like hell. I will remind folks that Boston has yet to fix there sewage infastructor so evertime it rains heave the backup goes into the harbor, if you have fished around there long enough im sure you have seen the signs!

Anyways...there should be about a month maybe month and a half of decent sized fish up there. Castle island had some action, but I won't specifically say where or how we did those fish in....
Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
First Mate

I'll be heading out tomorrow morning for the 9am high tide..Finally...It's only been two weeks since my last outting but its felt like 2 months!!! I've been hearing of the peanut bunker and was thinking of going into the inner harbor but not too sure...I've never fished this time of year in the boat (first year w/ it)...but heard and hope that they are holding to cover...But I guess that cover could be anywhere w/ the island as well...I've always fished the flats and such looking for birds but that's only an hour or so at best...We'll see how it goes and let you know..Thanks for all the posts!